Chapter 19

It's been two years since his passing.

Most people have started to move on with their lives whether they liked it or not. Time doesn't stop when you lose or achieve something and the only thing they could do is to move forward. Despite what people may have believed, moving on does not mean forgetting the person who passed on.

Losing him still hurts, however that doesn't mean he will wallow in his grief and shut himself out of the world like what his father once did. He is  slowly bit surely is trying his best to move on with his life.

Every Sunday, Cale would visit his grave to either clean it up or just talk about his day. Sometimes, he saw new bodies being buried and their family members or friends would cry for the fallen reminding him that he isn't the only one experiencing loss.

Every moment in this world, somebody dies and was born into this world.

This cycle of life will keep repeating itself until the end of time.

What a beautiful yet such a painful thing to witness.

"...and then Dodam said that you used to shoved the medicine down Eruhaben's throat because he kept refusing to do so." Cale chuckled imagining a small Rok Soo chucking a bottle of medicine down Eruhaben's throat pouting while doing so.

After a few moments,he stood up from crouching for too long.

"Oh, before I forget, have some truffles and macarons I made earlier." Cale said as he placed a box full of sweets he knew Rok Soo liked as an offering. "Anyway,I'll come by next week dear. See you later."

Walking away from the grave, Cale made his way to his father-in-law's house where his other family is probably waiting for him. Opening the door, he was attacked- or more like tackled to the ground by Raon.

"How have you guys been?" he asked as he hands over another box of sweets to Raon.

"Hm, good. Nothing much happened lately. Come in, Gramps waiting for 'ya."

"But Hyunnie, didn't you got rejected by that pink haired boy, Dodo-"

"Shh! Don't say that,Raon!"

Raon giggled as if he hadn't caused the chaos and ran back inside holding the box to hand it over to his mother while being chased by his flustered brother.

Okay, that's a first. During all these Cale had seen Dodam flustered like this. It seems like even he is growing up, finding love and being rejected.

Chuckling a bit, he went inside where Eruhaben is sitting on the couch reading a newspaper, a reminiscent to the first time they met.

"Hello, Eruhaben-nim."

Cale greeted while taking a seat on the empty spot next to him.

"I told you to just call me Dad, or Father if you want." Eru-Father, told him as he put his newspaper away.

"How is your studies going, need any help?"

"No, I'm good Father. Thank you for asking."

"Still, anyone would've thought that you would go into a culinary course with desserts this good."

"Ah..about that, I'm hopeless when it comes to other things than baking so there could possibly no way. Plus, baking is only my hobby, not something I would like to pursue as a career."

"Our dear Rok Soo is good at cooking but hopeless at baking. The two of you truly compliment each other." Sherrit joined in as she placed the tea on the table.

The three of them talked for a bit more until it was time to eat. Once they eaten, Cale decided to take a walk around the house while waiting for the food in his stomach to be digested. It wasn't until he reached one specific room that he stopped.

Rok Soo's.

Hand hovering over the door handle, he contemplated whether he should go inside or not. As he turned away, he was faced with Father who were actually watching him from the start.

"Why don't you go inside? It's not locked you know."

"I...could I? You won't be mad because I entered his room?"

"Nonsense. Rok Soo married you therefore you're also my son. This room is his and by default its also yours." Father said holding the handle and pushing it causing the door to open. "Go inside."

It really hasn't changed.

From five years ago where they both confessed their feelings although it was probably in a less than appropriate setting to a place where nobody resided in any longer. Although nobody stays in this room anymore, it still has the homey and lived in feeling to it just like how it used to be.

Walking around the room, Cale accidentally hit a golden box by the bed when he suddenly remembered something.

"Also,when I...go,can you.. please retrieve.. the golden.. box in my room?"

Rok Soo did says that to him didn't he?

Gently taking the box out, Cale brought it to the living room where he knew everyone is at doing their own thing when they stopped to look at the box in his hand curiously.

"Cally, what's that?" Raon asked throwing away his homework which he would certainly search for later.

"What's that?" Dodam who were playing on his phone quickly disconnected from his game causing his friends in the game to lose.

"This..is Rok Soo's belonging. He asked me to retrieve it when..he...you know." He answered caressing the box as if it would break with the slightest force.

"Well, what's inside?" Raon asked curiously as he took a seat watching the box with wonder.

"Nobody knows. That's why I'm opening it.. If you don't mind, of course Father, Noona, Hyung."

"Rok Soo entrusted that box to you right? So do what you'd like to do with it. Although I do admit I would like to see what Rok Soo hid from us."

"Yeah, what Sherry said!"

"Olie, sit down. Geez what an overgrown child." Sherrit sigh fondly gently pulling the standing Olienne back down.

"Pfft, overgrown child. XD."

"Brat, you did not just XD'd me outloud."

"I just did. What you gon' do old man?"

"Hyunnie and Dad are both overgrown children."

""Raon!""

"All of you, stop it. You guys are being immature. Cale, please do continue."

Taking a deep breath, Cale braven himself to opened up the box laid in front of him revealing what inside.