Chapter 23- Mind Probe

"Now, remember. This priceless thingy is mine! So tell me what it is!"

Backstage at the cheer competition, Willa, Wyatt, Wynter, and Bucky were hooking up the lens to Eliza's computer. Bucky kept nagging them, thinking they'll understand they can't just take what they find.

"So catty. Clearly not raised by wolves," Wynter remarked.

"I bet I'm the first intern to ever hack alien tech," Eliza stated. She frowned as she looked at her computer. "It's a firewall."

"Let me try my moonstone." Wyatt snapped his necklace off and placed it on the lens. It malfunctioned and sparked before Eliza could get in.

"It worked." Eliza smiled. "It's a mind probe." She clicked on a file, making Bucky appear on the screen.

"Look at all those people thinking of me!"

Everyone stared at him in disbelief.

"That's just your mind scan, Bucky," Eliza snapped. She clicked on Wynter's file.

Cat videos played on the lens.

"Aw, Wynter. You like cat videos," Wyatt cooed.

"Everyone likes kittens," Wynter replied.

Eliza clicked on Wyatt's file. Immediately, a small (Y/n) appeared. When they were five. A small smile graced Wyatt's face in fondness. Wyatt fell flat on his face, laughing hard, as (Y/n) smiled innocently. Wynter snorted as Willa smiled.

"Let's go before I change my mind."

(Y/n) howled welcome to the pack. Shortly after was an image of (Y/n)'s outfit change. Wyatt stared into (Y/n)'s eyes. Mischievous and daring. He stared at (Y/n) as her tattoos and wolf features adorned her body.

"You love her. Don't you?" Wynter breathed.

"Always," Wyatt replied.

"See? This is why Dad gave you the ring." Willa punched her brother's arm teasingly.

Eliza clicked, finally, on (Y/n)'s file. They covered their mouths in shock when they saw bullets flying toward the newborn. She grew up, and she slid on the damp ground, kicking the ball between the trees.

An image of Wyatt staring at her adoringly stayed for more than a second or two. Like it was implanted in her brain. An image of (Y/n)'s necklace confused them. Five black objects swirled around it, creating one necklace. But when it hit (Y/n), she disappeared.

"(Y/n)'s going to... die," Willa breathed in disbelief.

"Not if we can help it." He would do anything to protect his love. His soulmate.

"How? They're already connected. Maybe the power is just killing her slowly," Eliza pointed out.

"Not the lens. The source of alien power." Willa disconnected the lens from Eliza. "We need to stop her before it gets out of hand. And then we lose our Alpha."

"Wills, you're shaking," Wynter noticed, slightly worried.

"Of course I am!" Willa exclaimed. "I'm going to lose my best friend if we don't stop her from connecting the lens."

"Let's go."

The four ran off, terrified of the vision.

~~~

My hands were shaking extremely as I looked down at my bracelet. The cord from the necklace was used to make a bracelet. I held the lens over the necklace, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I was risking the consequences if I did.

I got up. The cheer squad put our hands together. I laid my head on Addi's shoulder.

We strutted out of the changing room with confidence. We were going to win this. Addison and I intertwined our hands, almost gripping each other. Bree nodded to me, almost to assure me.

We got on stage and started our routine. Willa and Wyatt looked worried, then smiled. Everything was going perfectly. My hair glowed under the light as I stepped back. Addison and I were lifted into the air. We did the impossible move. Sparklers and lights flashed. When we ended, I was grinning proudly at our squad.

We won.

Addison and I were handed the Seabrook Cup. Addison hugged me tightly.

"The aliens are liars. They've come to take what's ours!"

My eyes widened in disbelief as the three wolves stood on the stage. "We should have never let Addison welcome in those outsiders."

Zed appeared in the light, the aliens behind him. "Step back, Zed."

I blasted Bucky with moonstone waves and helped Addison off of the stage. Zed and the aliens covered us. The Z-Patrol was already waiting for us. The Mothership was in the process of beaming us up. I fell back, weakened, when the wolves blasted the waves at the ship.

I kneeled on the ground, coughing heavily. My wolf features disappeared, and my hair turned black. I looked at my shattered bracelet and Alpha necklace. Tears filled my eyes, that dripped down seconds later. Addison rushed over as everyone stared.

"Are you okay?" A-lan breathed.

"No," I whimpered. "Everything hurts." I looked up, glaring at the werewolves. "Because of you. Because of your mistrust, Willa! You assume the worst, and it always leads to the wrong conclusion!" I took a deep breath of wheezed air. "You're killing me!"

"How-"

"The alien blood in me was active when your moonstone waves intercepted it. You connected it, all of you!" I screamed. "I'm going to die, thanks to you!"

"(Y/n)-" Wyatt started walking toward me.

"Don't you dare touch me," I growled. "You were a part of this." I got up because of Addison and A-lan. "Thanks a lot."

A-lan walked me to the moonstone. I crumpled to the ground, struggling to stand up. As soon as my bracelet touched the moonstone, everything balanced. But I was still weak. I fixed the moonstone necklace, watching it shimmer with full charge.

That night, I placed the necklace in its original box and the jacket at the entrance of the wolf den. Addison came by later and told me I was the second half of the map, and showed me the scan to prove it. I needed to go with the aliens the next morning.

Gladly.