Skeletons

"Excuse me who are you?" I ask the stranger, a bit put off by his questions.

He opens his mouth to answer but quickly closed it and instead focuses on something behind me. I also turned to see Jisoo leisurely walking towards us.

She puts her hand on my wait protectively or rather possessively. "Mr Jeon might I ask what your doing with my lovely bride here." She kisses my exposed shoulder after saying that, with a very confident grin.

The strange guy looks uncomfortable and he even shifts before clearing his throat and regaining his composure. "I was just getting to know her, simply." He says with a smile of his own.

I stand there with Jisoo's hand clutching tighter and tighter around my waist and I suddenly feel like I'm caught between a lion and a wolf.

"Thought I must say her beauty is something else, where did you buy her might I ask. I highly doubt that it has anything to do with love now that I remember your rough attitude back in uni." He says with a chuckle but Jisoo doesn't seem to find it funny and she scowls.

"People change Jeon." She says seriously.

"You? I doubt that very much." He replys more seriously this time.

The tension between the two continues to rise and so does her hold on me. A staring contest insues between the two.

"Your majesty!" A servant says.

We all turn to look at the kneeling man. I very thankful for his intervention. "Your presence is being requested by the hosts yours too master Jeon."

Jisoo removes her gaze from the servant and looks at me. "Let's go." She says before leading me back to the dining room.

I look back at the man to find him smiling at me gently. Just who the hell is he. Whoever he is he must be important because there are only a few people in the world who can make the great Jisoo lose her composure like this.

We go back and for the rest of the evening she remains unreachable. She laughs and converses with the other vampires but I can tell the strange conversation with the strange man unsettled her.

Thankfully the evening soon comes to an end and the people start to leave.

That's when I see him again, he's leaning against one of the walls. He smiles and waves at me. "You deserve better." He mouths to me. I furrow my brows and look at him questionably, what does he mean by that. I don't know him and he does know me, or so I think.

I don't take it too seriously and enter the carriage with Jisoo. On the way back home Jisoo's frigid mood hadn't changed and I'm honestly getting tired of the silent treatment.

"Who was he?" I ask her.

"No one." She simply says and resumes watching the shadows outside.

"Jisoo!" I say in a warning tone. I hate the fact that I have to remind her that we are equal and she's not allowed to dismiss my question like that.

She looks into my eyes for a moment and sighs in defeat. "He used to be a friend of mine, known each other since we were kids we were pretty close."

"What happened?"

I hold her hand tightly once I noticed how hard this was for her. "It all that ended at the University." She says in defeat.

"I saw and felt the tension radiating off of both of you." I say.

"Everything changed when I fell in love."

"With who?" I ask not liking where this is going.

"His fiancee."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thought I'd give this shit one more try.🙃

This story is bout to get a shitload of complicated prepare for the ride my darlings.🌼