chapter 2

The next day, my eyelids opened slightly,  then suddenly, falling back to my slumber. Memories coming back from hundreds of years ago. Racing through my mind, as if it was some sort of timeline for a history project. November 18th, 1745. "The blue man ". Desperately trying to escape with the slight grasp of reality I had.

     This time I for real woke up, in a cold sweat. Stepping carefully, I made my way to the bathroom. The mirror's reflection shows the "birthmark" on my neck. Now I have the ability of remembrance. The stab punctures. Why am I not dead? How did I survive. I wish I didn't. Shmee turns her head and looks at me with her cold eyes. "Larry, you are not better off dead, the reason you're still here says you're special. They didn't intend to kill you. Your immortality says something about you." Those generous words coming from Shmee makes a stream of salt water run down my face. "Its good to have you back, Shmee." Even though my memories are foggy, doesn't mean I never can recall how much I loved her.

         The Everdeen Forest practically calls my name. I think I have had enough adventure for this week. Moist foggy air steams through my window. "Larry come here." I turn over my shoulder seeing if the unfamiliar voice was Shmees. She wasn't in my room. That can't be good.

       Racing out to the Everdeen Forest, I carefully make my way to where I found Shmee before. Maybe she's here I thought to myself. But yet again, "Larry.... come here." A different voice this time. A supernatural shadow flies by me like the wind. "Hello?" I exclaim desperately, hoping that whatever it was, could help me. Nothing. Blue fills my eyesight as a giant sign says, "this way Larry." That's weird.  But I took the chance and headed to my right.

     Hmph another attached document? Luckily I always bring a laptop with me, in case of paranormal emergency. I place the drive into the slot and it makes a slight spark. The video plays. Of "the blue man". "Larry, you mustn't tell anyone about this. I know you are watching this in the future. The reason you and Shmee are immortal is because, you must save this planet. My species is about to take over, and you must kill all of them. Please Larry I didn't choose to be this monster." Dang. Where is Shmee.

     Roaming the Everdeen for an extensive period of time, a noise frightens my soul. A powerful scream awaits me on the other side of the creak. Shmee. Mumbling, I cannot hear anything she is saying. A wad of duck tape covers her mouth completely.  The trees, separate my face and his face, he looks into my soul. The monster. But not the helpless one from the video, I feel like I am connected to this beast in some way, shape, or form. Shmee's desperate red eye's lock to mine. "Larry, I know what you're trying to do." His voice, sounding violently intimidating. Whoever is giving me these clues and hiding away these documents for me, are on my side.

   Shmee takes her veiny green arm and aggressively rips the tape off of her mouth. Her body morphed into a phenomenon that I recognized. The blue monster. Shmee is a blue monster? "Larry, I know what you're trying to do." She says in the same voice from before, but this time not putting up an act. There is no other monster so I assume she can quickly shape shift or something.

    "I set this all up for you so that you would be cornered. You will not kill my species. Old Henry didn't die again, in fact he's right here. Everyone that ever "helped you" is on my side. We must kill you so you do not destroy our species."

     Hyperventilating, a waterfall trickles down my face. "Just do it already, Shmee if that's even your real name." "If you insist" she suggests with her fraud calm voice. The slicing sound of a sword distracts me as she pulls it out. Henry looks at me with anger as he takes on his true form, of a blue.

    I close my eyes and wait for my dark fate to take me. Thats when I heard it. *BOOM* a canon goes off in the distance. The only way to kill immortals is with a specific kind of canon, that is extremely rare.

     A shadow figure stands out amongst the battle scene of the dead blues. It was my mom. She had lied to me about not being able to see them, she saved my life. "You were born to me as the prophecy child, I once too did things like you. The world is in your hands, Larry." Shmee was a fraud but mother is not.