Tredici

bellamonet it looks better on me @artur_leclerc

*comments disabled*

I arrived at Maman's house after debating whether I should intrude or not. After ending the call with Char, I cleared things out with Aless and told her that I just needed fresh air. She understood. Nowadays, the media has been pretty nosy about my daily moves. Now that I was linked to formula 1 my life suddenly became pretty interesting. Meaning, I was getting more and more hate comments simultaneously. It was as suddenly that I became more known, not for what I worked as but with who I related. Headlines were about whose brother's heart I stole. Which of them I was dating and mostly about my past.

Yes, my body was changing a lot. I was getting a bump and my cheeks were not in their normal size and people started to notice. Getting comments about my body was the most difficult thing to read now that I was around 26 weeks pregnant. Arriving at Maman's house I bursted into tears not knowing what to do. I knew that she was going to get upset about me being upset because I read social media. She was so against the media and everything they said about us. Even when Charles was not in formula 1 and Jules Bianchi, her family was often talked about. My mom being a model meant that she was a public figure, but Maman always tried to be lowkey and less on the spotlight. She hated the media

"I just can't keep up with this, it is too much." I sobbed into Maman's house.

"Bella, why did you read that? Honey, you know that everything they write isn't true and it isn't healthy to keep reading that." She stroked my hair. This woman was my safe place no matter what.

"I just feel that I was better off in England" I sighed. "I didn't cause problems there, here everyone is going down with me. Look at Arthur and Charles, they don't talk to each other anymore."

"Darling, don't punish yourself that badly. You just have to know that Arthur may have his reasons. What Charles did was wrong, we both know it. He is just mad at the idea that you are okay with what happened." I kept thinking, 'was Charles worth all this?'

"What if Charles is not worth everything?" Can't believe I just asked my boyfriend's mother this.

"Okay, I'm going to answer you as your mom and not your boyfriend's mom. Obviously I have known you for a long time and I always told your mom that I really wanted one of my boys to end up with you. I know that both of you are very stubborn and very hard to understand. I just want you to be happy, Bella. I can't force you to be with Charles if he doesn't make you happy." The problem is, he does make me happy. I feel the luckiest girl in the world when he looks at me the way he does. He was worth everything.

"He makes me really happy."

"But?" Obviously there was a but.

"I miss Arthur." And with that the door of the house opens up.

"Maman, I'm back." She half smiled at me and said.

"Go tell him that." When I turned around I saw Arthur shocked to see me there.

"I'm going to go do some laundry, you kids please sort your things up. I'm tired of comforting both of you." I just looked shocked at Maman and what she said.

I stay seated on the couch wiping off my tears and crying silently. He stood in the entrance of the living room debating whether to say something or not.

I was getting desperate and said "Aless is at my house if you want to go there, I'm going for a drive so I won't be home till late." I walked past him when I felt his hand on my wrist. He pulled me towards him and hugged me.

"I'm sorry" He said and I broke down. I couldn't even talk, we just stood in the middle of the doorway hugging each other.

It felt like no words needed to be said. Just us, hugging and remembering what our friendship was worth. We both knew what we felt and what we wanted to say. We spend two hours watching friends and just catching up. Around 8 o'clock Arths said that he was going on his date with Aless since she was going back to Italy tomorrow.

*****

Going back home was like a relief, it felt like a heavy weight was lifted from my shoulders. I was so happy to have my best friend back. At home, I called Charles and told him everything that had happened. He was very happy to hear me happy about everything and he wished he could fix things with his brother. He also told me that there was another thing that he needed to figure out with him and that it was the real reason they were not on speaking terms, Maman didn't know about it and he made me swear to not say a word.

Charles was coming home tomorrow and he swore that he had something very romantic planned for us. Now I was just going to relax so the baby inside of me is less stressed.

887 words

---

short cute chapter, sorry for the lack of updates. xx, ana