𝟑𝟔 | 𝑴𝒀 𝑯𝑶𝑼𝑺𝑬 𝑴𝒀 𝑹𝑼𝑳𝑬𝑺

"𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗢𝗡 𝗠𝗘, 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗙𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗢𝗥, 𝗕𝗨𝗧 𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧
exactly are you insinuating?" Umbridge.

My brows furrow in confusion as the woman's annoying voice echoes into the Great Hall from the corridor. The fork in my hand stops just before reaching my mouth as I turn to the doors. She's talking to someone, but I'm not sure who.

"I'm merely requesting that when it comes to my students, you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices." McGonagall.

I place my fork on the table and climb from my seat, exchanging a look with Theo across from me as many students, including the two of us, begin to flood the corridor curiously.

"So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva." I push past a Huffelpuff student to see the two women on the stairs, arguing about what must be Umbridge's form of punishment. As far as I'm aware, Potter and I are the only one's who've received it, which means the only people who could have told McGonagall are Draco, Weasley, and Granger. Though, I highly doubt Draco would go to McGonagall rather than Snape, and I've never known Weasley to tattle, so that only leaves Granger.

"Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods," the Gryffindor professor hisses.

Umbridge scowls. "I'm sorry, dear, but to question my practices is to question the ministry and by extension, the minister himself." The feeling of someone's shoulder hitting mine makes my head turn to see Filch watching the two women as well. I hold back my dirty look and take a small step away from him before turning back to the stairs. "I am a tolerant woman, but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty."

My brows furrow as McGonagall takes a step back down the stairs in what looks like disbelief and she repeats the word disloyalty aloud. Eleanor's face appears beside me, but neither of us pay much mind to the other as Umbridge turns to all of us students that have flooded the corridor. "Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action."

Without another word spoken from either woman, Umbridge turns on her heel and begins sulking away from us. McGonagall sighs and turns to us, trying her very best to keep her composure, it seems. "Everyone, back to the Great Hall."

We're all ushered back into the Great Hall to finish our meal before being let go to head back to class. The walk to my next class is silent, mostly just me wallowing in my own thoughts. Eleanor and Blaise still won't talk to me, and Draco and I don't share this class. A sudden tap on my shoulder makes my head turn to see a very upset looking Eleanor by my side.

"Theo told me what happened with Umbridge last week," she says quietly. Her eyes are trained on the hallway and students in front of us. My lips purse and I sigh. Of course Theo would tell her. It's been a week and a half and she finally decides to talk to me.

"Did he now?"

"I'm sorry that happened to you, Lenora..." A pause and then she turns to me with knit brows. "Why didn't you tell us? Why didn't you tell me?"

I scoff in disbelief. I look at her, studying the concerned look in her eyes. "Why didn't I tell you? Eleanor, you've been ignoring me for the last two weeks because I think Voldemort is back." A few kids turn their attention to us, but I ignore them. "Why would I tell you something when you don't seem to care about anything else I have to say?"