Episode nineteen

"Once upon a time, i wanted to know what love was. Love is there if you want it to be. You just have to see that it's wrapped in beauty and hidden away in between and seconds of your life. If you don't stop for a minute, you might miss it." - Ben Willis

______________________________

Y/n pov

In the same second as i leave Beth to one of the paramedics, June and Anthony come up next to us. Anthony wraps his arms around Beth while June wraps her around me. But as her hand lands on my upper arm, almost at my shoulder, my whole body tenses involuntarily.

"Oh my, you're hurt. You promised you'd not go out into the field" She lets me go only to pull me back in, harder than before.

"It's not that bad, it's just a scratch. Em bandaged me up" and i know i did a mistake mentioning her name as soon as i said it. But Hotch's words really got to my head. And even though there is currently no place in my head to consider his offer, i know i'm done being bossed around by her choices.

"Come on, we're going home now" she's determined.

"I'll meet you guys at the hospital, there's something i need to do first" i give Beth and Anthony a smile, which they give back with a nod. It's only her that's against the idea of me being happy for once.

"What? No, i'm not letting you go down that path again"

"She told me what you told her when she called, that she would get me killed" i have to restrain my voice to not almost scream at her. I've never done that, never talked back unless it was in private.

"I told her that because you were in a slump, so close that you were suicidal" her voice is louder than mine and i know everyone heard her. Even through the other sounds, i know everyone on the team heard her.

"June, you're the one killing me right now" and her face is chocked. She's used to getting whatever she wanted. So i decided that this is enough. "And if you want to keep me in your life, i suggest you let me be"

"You can't do that, don't punish my kids because you're mad at me"

"I wouldn't dream of it, i would punish you because i'm mad at you" people are looking our way and i feel the need to disappear. Just vanish into thin air. So i turn to Anthony and say "I'll meet you at the hospital, call me if anything happens"

"Of course, thank you Y/n" he rises and hugs me, still with a chocked June in front of me. And i know they are still there once i turn, to see Em standing and watching me alone, while the others are split in two but still looking over to us from further away.

At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them

And right now, as i'm walking across the grass towards Emily, i'm crossing a lot of the ones that were put up around me. Her left arm is exposed to the chilly autumn breeze. Because said sleeve is wrapped around the small wound on my arm. But neither care as i throw my arms over her shoulders, and she wraps her around my waist. Burning our heads in the crock of each others necks. And i feel a sob come out of my throat.

🦋

3rd pov

The two women separate, their faces only inches apart. They both realising that even though the last days have been stressful and terrible, it's been the best time in the last two years.

"I was so scared" Emily admits quietly as their team looks their way. Them all holding their thumbs in hope of them making it through. Because there are no bigger supporters of Emily and Y/n, as the BAU team.

"I know, so was i" Y/n's hand caresses Emily's cheek, and they both let out a long deserved breath. "I don't care where we live, where we are, what our lives are or even what we are. I just know that i don't want to do it alone, without you"

"What are you saying?" Emily's hope seeps through the words, causing Y/n's hard lined lips to curve into a weak smile.

"I'm saying that i love you Emily, now and forever" and with that they close the space between them, letting their mouths connect in a hot rain of fire. Y/n's hands searching through Emily's hair and neck, while her own hands are pulling her closer by the waist. It's not a sexual passion in the kiss, but a more powerful attraction. Love.

All unaware of how Morgan and JJ hand Reid a twenty dollar bill, each. For he had won the betting if Y/n would go against June, in front of her or not. The others thought it would be more private, while Reid thought it would be in front of them. And it is, because June is still in chock, hurt that her sister chose Emily over her.

And as they kiss and everything around them, the wind, the paramedics, the police, the team, the girls and some family members, even some SWAT officers who are left. Their two necklaces sway close enough to each other to connect, the magnet of it all creating a full heart. And while the two women are unaware of the fact, the team can see it clearly. JJ even shooting a picture to show it to Penelope, and then to the two.

And even after they've stoped kissing, no one interrupts them as they rest their heads against each other before hugging even more. Missing each other more than one can miss something in the universe. Not giving a care in the world, as their world and hearts are back in the place where they should be.

______________________________

"If two people are meant to be together, eventually they'll find their way back" - Chuck Bass