He Means Petty

Guys I seriously hate one of the new classes I'm taking.  I miss my last class, that one was actually fun😭😩 

"So, like.. When did you find out our dad brought.. Amy to the house anyways?" Jules asks Ashtray. She sat on the couch behind him, him sitting in a chair closely to the hospital bed. He stared longingly at the girl before him, holding her hand gently in both of his. His thumb stroking the back of her hand, mostly to comfort himself more than the girl. He could tell there was more to Jules's question, causing him to look back at her partially.

"After I kicked her out, and she started doin' shit with Rue and that-" He made a face, lip raised bitterly.

"-guy, whoever the fuck he is.. She showed up at the store, maybe like, I don't know two, three days later." Jules nodded, remembering the time frame roughly.

"Yeah, Fezco called me." He nods, glad she did in fact remember when.

"So yous know she showed up fuckin' high.. I tried yellin' at her to go home, but she didn't want to. I knew before she didn't want to go home also, I just, I never really pushed her about it." He tried to brush it off but Jules knew. She knew he liked the time he was spending with her, having her in his life. 

   But she figured to stay silent, and let him continue. Keeping the observation to herself. 

"-When she showed up high like that I figured to question her about it while I could, ya know?" She nods again to show she's following along, as he gives a small shrug at the end. Did he feel bad about taking advantage of questioning the girl while she was completely out of it? Kinda but at the same time not really. He wasn't getting answers from Marina at the time, and well he didn't care about talking to Jules back then.

"She, uh. She said something to ou- to Amy. Did she ever say anything about that? Like, what she said to her?" Ashtray, finally got the point of this whole conversation. But sadly, he couldn't answer that one.

"All she said was that she told her off aaaand, then she left." Jules frowned but somehow expected so. It was silent for a brief second, Jules smiling flatly to herself.

"Oh and you know that guy? His name is Elliot.. He, uh.." Jules wanted to chuckle playfully at Ashtray's jealous behavior, but couldn't bring herself too as she thought about what she was gonna say next. Ashtray side eyes her dully, not really in the mood to be talking about the other male Marina had bonded with. While doing drugs together no less.

"He's the one that told me everything. Where she was, what she was doing. How.. badly we hurt her. She talked about you at her best, and even at her lowest.. You were still always on her mind. She loved you, Ashtray. He told me so.." Ashtray who had turned back in his chair, keeping his head straight, lowered his head as she finished. His head hung low, his heart so badly aching for the girl in front of him. To really say sorry to her. To really say he loved her. Not a rushed version because he was afraid if he hadn't said it then, he'd never have been able to say it at all.

   Jules' lip trembled into a pained smile, watching as a tear rolled down his cheek. He sniffs quietly, wiping his face once. 

"He wanted to tell you in person but.. Well he wasn't sure if he should. He's still kinda hesitant 'cause of the whole Rue thing." Jules suddenly found herself getting off topic to try and explain. 

"It woulda been so much easier.. hadn't y'all met us. She wouldn't been hurt, the Nate bullshit, having to flush everything.. Who knows, maybe the whole fucking Mouse bullshit could have been avoided too!" Jules knew why his mood had shifted.. Sighing deeply as she nods to herself.