Chapter 5: Sakura and Sato

--First P.O.V--

I sat beside the trio, and began to explain the situation that had occurred between myself and Sakura. Sora widened her eyes in shock, "Y/n...you had the audacity to ask Sakura about being a demon slayer?" She asked, her expression filled with surprise.

I was taken aback, but nodded in agreement. "Yes, I did. But she just...snapped at me!" I exclaimed, my voice filled with a mixture of anger and sadness. It was clear that Sakura was still upset with me, and it pained me to think that I had caused her such distress.

Sora and Yuri locked eyes, and Yuri spoke with a sad tone, "Sora wanted to become a demon slayer too, but Sakura was too quick to shut her down." I was shocked at what Yuri said... Sora also wanted to become a demon slayer...?

Now this made me think, does Sakura have some kind of association with the demon slayer corporation? What happened?

I started to ask some questions, leaning towards Yuri for some answers. "Really? So what happened? Why does she hate the demon slayer corps so much?" I said, curiosity is getting the best of me. Yuri blushed slightly, but before she could speak, Haruka interjected. "Well dumbass, it has to do something with Sato-"

"Haruka-!"

Yuri shouted at Haruka who widened her red eyes, "What? If she's sooo desperate for answers, might as well tell her right? Besides I already told her about Sato." Yuri then stared at Haruka in shock, "Y-You did what? You know what happens if Sakura...finds out right?"

Haruka looked down, a determined expression on her face. "Well I don't care," she said. "I can't just let Y/n feel left out." The two soon started to argue back and forth, while I began to get increasingly annoyed. "Please!" I exclaimed. "The two of you! Just stop arguing! I just want answers!"

I shouted at them, clearly irritated at the fact that they weren't answering either of my questions. "I just feel so...left out! You guys have so many secrets! I'm just so curious and I wanna know what happened to Sato and why Sakura won't let me be a demon slayer!" I said while holding my hands tightly on my head.

My voice was filled with frustration and I was desperate to find out the truth. I felt like I was being left out and that I was missing out on something important. I wanted to be part of the group and feel included, but it seemed like they were keeping to much secrets from me.

The three looked at each other then me, before Sora started to talk, "Well...you see...Y/n... Sakura didn't really hate demon slayers from the start, it's just what happened to Sato..."

Yuri nodded and looked down, "Sato used to be a demon slayer along with Sakura...They both share the title as the Sakura hashira..."

--Past/Third P.O.V--

Sakura looked at Sato with a worried expression. "Are you sure you wanna accept this mission? There might be an upper moon involved," she cautioned. Sato turned to look at his sister with a reassuring smile. "I got this, don't worry, Sakura." he said with confidence.

Before Sato could leave, Sakura grabbed his arms, "I swear Sato, if you die... I'll make sure to kick your ass once I'm dead!" Sakura threatened the boy who simply laughed, "I promise I won't die."

The boy then left...

Never once had he come back.

--Present/Second P.O.V--

"After a few days of waiting...The only thing that was left of Sato was...his mask..." Yuri finished explaining the story. You felt yourself tearing up, 'So Sato was dead, this whole time? I've been fighting with a ghost...this whole time?!'