xii. the perfect teacher

"Why the fuck do you keep aiming for my neck?" Taehoon said annoyedly as they sparred.

"I was aiming for your weak spots. Because I'm physically weaker, I need to make all of my moves count." Seulgi explained. It has been a week and Yeonwoo had joined the studio to learn Kyokushin Karate from Hansu.

Seulgi was interested. She didn't know Mr. Seong knew Kyokushin Karate. He seemed to master it as well. Just who is he? She watched through the corner of her eye as he sparred with Yeonwoo on the other side of the studio.

"Hey. Eyes on me." Taehoon said lowly, turning her attention back to him. He thought she was looking at Yeonwoo.

"Speaking of eyes... I think I should get surgery." Seulgi muttered.

"The heck? You're already pretty enough." He frowned.

"No, you dummy." She chuckled, "I'm thinking of getting Lasik. If my glasses fall mid fight I can't see in the distance."

"Oh..." Taehoon looked away with a slight blush, embarrassed.

"Thank you for saying I'm pretty though," She giggled happily.

"Shut the fuck up."

__________

Seulgi was training with Mr. Seong, since he finished teaching Yeonwoo. Yeonwoo had learnt everything he needed and went to spend the rest of his time training by himself at the mountains.

"Master Seong?" Both Taehoon and Hansu turned to her. Taehoon stopped his kicking training and got by her side.

"Not you, I mean your dad." Seulgi moved her focus from an annoyed Taehoon to his dad.

"Can you please teach me Kyokushin Karate?" Seulgi pleaded.

"You what-- You're not even finished with Taekwondo yet. And you still want to learn more?" Taehoon chastised as he did a chopping motion on top of her head. Seulgi looked at him with a pout.

"On the contrary... I think she has learned enough. I've heard you have photographic memory?" Mr. Seong asked.

"How'd you know?" Seulgi tilted her head.

"My son actually talks about you a lot," Seulgi turned to Taehoon then, who looked away embarrassed, "It was obvious enough when I saw you analysing your opponents first before fighting them accordingly. You're much like..."

"My father." Seulgi smiled sadly. "At least that's one thing he's useful for." She mumbled.

Hansu sighed.

"Alright, I'll teach you." He smiled.

"Thank you, master!" Seulgi bowed gratefully.

Taehoon looked at the two and rolled his eyes, going back to his training.

__________

"There's nothing left for me to teach you anymore." Seong Hansu declared after fifty seven days. "You've learnt both Taekwondo and Kyokushin Karate. You memorized everything and executed them nicely, and I'm sure with more training you can be better in both. But I'm still not convinced the two are for you. Tell me, why did you bother learning them?"

"So I know what to do when I fight people who knows them." Seulgi explained. "I may be physically weak, but I move fast. I can try countering them by hitting their weak spots with the moves I learnt."

"Still. I feel like you yearn for something else. If you keep aiming for fatal spots... Then maybe another martial art would be better for you." Hansu hummed.