the brush stroke of a genius; ed maloney

it is a cold january night. i walk into the bar.

it is "beach night", and ed maloney has trucked in 3 hundred pounds of sand... 2 drunks are trying to build sand castles.

the bartender's girlfriend is howling to "the werewolves of london."

the bartender, bob, has a mouth full of tequila and a lit pack of matches. he sprays the the tequila setting a pack of napkins on fire.

crazy george is swinging from the wagon wheel light fixture hanging from the ceiling.

ed maloney yells something but jumps grabbing the other side of the wagon wheel light, and the wagon wheel light and the wagon wheel light fixture and crazy george and ed maloney come crashing down into a pile.

it is the one bar that ed couldn't be thrown out of. he own it.

ed had stolen thousands of dollars from the company he work for.

(the rumor was the company was the CIA.)

the company couldn't figure out how he did it, so they paid him 100 thousand dollars to tell the company how he did it.

"how did you do it?" i asked

"ghosting the darkling," ed said.

that's what he called it.

GHOSTING THE DARKLING.

the brush stroke of a genius is a work of fiction: names, characters, places, and incidents are fictional...that's my story, anyway...