Chapter One

- this is set in the dream smp, and is also available on my ao3. I hope you enjoy <3 -

On the rare occasion that Karl thinks of Quackity: he thinks of resentment. Because for all he remembers, he can not think of a time where Quackity was anything but resentful. Toward Karl, toward Sapnap, toward the world, toward himself.

He's a naturally bitter man. He's a lemon: sharp, golden, and disgusting. He's the pips that get stuck in your teeth and the sharp pain when the juice gets in your eye. This is an astute observation: a fact. And Karl does not use that word lightly.

Before Quackity, Karl thinks he liked the colour yellow. Now he associates it with resentment and bitterness and..(golden wings that glow in the shining sun, making pupils dilate and laughter soar).. And spite. Karl thinks of spite.

After Quackity, Karl had doubted he would ever think yellow could be beautiful again. He resented yellow.

But Prime does it look good on Quackity.

And while Karl assumes that the man he is staring at is not actually Quackity (if he had to guess XD has taken Karl somewhere in the future this time, maybe a few thousand years with the advanced technology in the club around him).

Not to mention how he's even seen lookalikes of his acquaintances from his normal timeline before. Hell, he's seen Quackity lookalikes before—Quackity's wearing less clothing than this.. angel, no less.

But the man before him. The man before him is not resentful or stupid or pathetically provocative. The man before him is Golden. 

a/n. 247 words.

starting chapter is very short I am aware, but it's just to set the mood a bit before the drama starts lolol.

I will be posting a new chapter everyday!

stay hydrated :)

- Bree<3