Chapter Six

Their lips detach, and Quackity's eyelids flutter as he finally comes to. He stares at Karl in exquisite shock, lips parted and eyes wide. "You just kissed me." He says. He's breathless, and Karl feels anxiety rise in his chest as he's not quite sure what that means.

"Oh.. Oh heck—shit! I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to I swear I–"

But Quackity is grinning, and Karl's rambling stutters to a stop. Oh my, he's so pretty. "Yikes." The noirette mumbles offhandedly, then he grabs the back of Karl's neck in an action that's far too attractive to be real and pushes their lips together again–

"Is he okay?" He isn't quite sure who that voice is, but it plays like a distant melody over the music pounding against his skull.

–Both of their quiet giggles fill the kiss as they finally separate. The windowsill digs into Karl's back but he can't bring himself to care, he's half sure he may be high with how happy he is. High on serotonin maybe; if anyone would cause a thing like that it would be the man before him.

Quackity goes to lean in again, but Karl reluctantly stops him with a hand on his chest. "I need to go." He whispers slowly, and Quackity's grin falls to a smile.

"Right."

Karl slowly (grudgingly) swings a leg over to the other side of the open window, foot brushing against a tree he's climbed down so many times. He smiles in satisfaction as he thinks how pissed Schlatt would be if he knew how his fiance's secret mistress was escaping every night—down the very tree he planted as a symbol of his and Quackity's "love". Karl calls Bullshit. He's sure Schlatt isn't capable of such a thing, Quackity would berate him if he said so out loud though.

"Same time next week?" Said noirette beams that beautiful countenance he always seems to wear around Karl, leaning against the window sill as the brunette chambers into the tree. He looks like a true Juliet, Karl thinks, and he now understands why Romeo so willingly drank the poison.

"Anything for you Angel." He stretches up to stroke a finger over the smaller's smile, barely hesitating before pressing their lips together for a final time that night–

"Hey.. Hey! Breathe with me okay.. Is he choking? What's going on?" There's shuffling, and Karl's half aware of hands grasping on to his hoodie sleeves as his legs collapse beneath him.

–their kiss breaks off in breathless giggles as Sapnap runs over with a hyperbolic battle cry, he collides with Quackity's body and the two go tumbling to the floor.

"Nobody kisses my Karl!" Sapnap roars, though it's clearly affectionate as the two writhe through their laughter. Karl stumbles back as his stomach lights up in pain from laughing too hard. Too hysteric to dare to help, and it seems Quackity's in a similar situation—only he's incapable of fighting back.

"N-no please-!" His laugh is loud and earnest as Sapnap digs his fingers into his sides, realizing the other's weakness.

"Karl, he's ticklish!" He shouts in excitement, hair flying around his dirty bandana as he turns to the brunette. Karl finally recovers enough from his giggles to stumble over to them, fingers out with intention.

Sapnap's attacks had ceased slightly as he had shouted, giving Quackity a break, but the man immediately tries to wriggle out of the ravenette's grasp when he notices Karl coming. "No! No!" He repeats as Sapnap sparks up his tickling again at the reminder of what he's supposed to be doing.

Karl falls to the floor next to them and immediately joins in on the attack, the three going on like that for a good few minutes before having to separate from lack of air in laughing too hard.