CHAPTER THREE

Adulting

Staring at him in disbelief and shock. Rileys mom and dad had how much money combined. Not only that, She had an account as well?

"In your account, they would add 50 dollars a day since you were born. you are how old now?" Tom said with his focus still on the calculator and paper. Quickly glancing at Riley to snap her out of her thoughts and back to reality.

"I am 21 years old.", Riley stated.
He picks up a pen and starts writing in a paper while saying what he's writing down "so 50 x 365 = 18,250 x 21 = 383,250. you have three hundred and eighty three thousand and two hundred and fifty dollars.", He said with a smile while putting down the pen and handing the paper to Riley.

Being in literal shock, she took the paper. That is so much money, she thought to herself. Really not knowing what to do with any of it. Her parents basically gave her everything she needed, a car, a house and money. Having been lost in thought, she didn't hear him talking to her.

"Excuse me miss, I still need a signature", Keith
said while looking at her. Reading all the emotions on her face. He too would be surprised to have known how much money was his, especially at such a young age and not knowing what to do with it. She after all was alone and had no one. At least that's what he knew.

Grabbing the pen and signing all 3 papers, she put back down the pen and looked up, "here you go", Riley replied, handing the papers back to him.

"Ahh, thank you, everything is yours now. here is your key to your safe in the bank, have any questions, call me, with that being said, have a good day, i am running very late", Keith said and walked out the door.

Riley hurried to grab a notepad and a pen and started writing down things she needed as an adult. All she ever worried about was graduating and taking time off, her parents took care of everything.

After writting everything down. She left to go to the bank and quickly took a thousand out for essentials. She didn't have a full license. She always took the public transit bus to school. Having only a beginners, she phoned to book a road test. After finishing up they told her that her appointment is in the 2 weeks, gives her enough time to practice.

Smiling after getting so many hellos everywhere she went. It was such a small town, to the point where everyone knows each other.

She walked to her moms old bakery shop and grabbed a couple donuts. Smiling as she entered. Everything looked exactly the same. Her mom would bake all sorts of pastrys. Even named a cake after her,  Rileys cake.

Heading to the cashier to pay for her stuff is when she hears a familiar voice call her over. It was Chloe.
She's sitting in a booth eating a pie. Walking towards her with a big smile. Chloe got up to embarrass Riley
with a big hug.

"Hey Riley, how are you doing?", Chole asks with a hint of concern in her voice. She knew how aloof Riley went after the passing. Riley was such an outgoing girl, filled with laughter and chaos. Everywhere she went, she was a delighted joy. She was always outside enjoying the town activities and also joining. She doesn't blame Riley, it was a sudden shock to the town. But she hopes Riley returns back to her old self, she misses that Riley.

Riley giving her a smile, "I'm doing great Chole, thanks for asking", she replies. She understands that Chloe is worried but it doesn't bother her. It's just the warm heart of Chloe.

"Well, I better get going, I have to go grocery shop", with that being said; Riley up and left.

Leaving the bakery shop.

She headed to the grocery store. She needed a couple things and a little bit groceries.