chapter 3

my hand scribbles notes on my paper as my math teacher gives us new formulas to remember for this unit. math may not be a favorite subject of everyone's but it's surely one of mine. i love the challenge that comes with solving mathematical problems.

my eyes drift from the teacher's to the side and i furrow my brows in confusion as i spot sunghoon in the hallway. isn't he supposed to be in class?

his face brightens with a smile and he waves his hands at me like crazy to gain my attention. i'm forced to cover my mouth with my hand to hide my laughter. this boy, i swear.

he kisses his hand and then blows it at me dramatically. i bite down on my lip to contain any laughter from escaping as i open and close my fist as if i caught it. he puts his hand over his heart and i can't keep it in anymore. a quiet giggle escapes from my throat.

my teacher instantly picks on me. "something funny, miss kang?"

i straighten my posture and swallow. gosh, he nearly got me in trouble. "no, nothing. i'm sorry, sir."

his gaze lingers on me for a moment before he resumes teaching. i look over at sunghoon. while i'm completely embarrassed he's holding up his phone and motioning towards it. i quickly shake my head. is he serious? if i get caught texting in class i'm sure to get a detention.

he shrugs before he starts walking past the door and i move my head a little to see him typing something out. oh no, i forgot to turn off my notifications. it'll surely make a sound if he texts me.

"sir?" i raise my hand. "may i use the restroom?"

he sighs. "quickly, miss kang."

i stand up and hurry out of the classroom to catch up with sunghoon. "you're gonna get me in trouble!" i whisper as i swat at him.

"i just wanted to see you." he grabs my hand. "come on." he pulls me towards one of the school exits.

i wiggle out of his grasp. "no, no, no. we can't leave. school is important, remember?"

"just fake being sick or something. let's go somewhere else." he sneaks his arms around my waist and pulls me into his chest.

i laugh but break free anyway. i don't want him to let go but we both have class right now. "i'll see you at lunch, okay? just hold off until then."

he raises an eyebrow. that'll surely make him happy. i really want him to get to know niki better too. "at lunch?"

"i was hoping you'd sit with me and niki."

i catch his smile falter, but only for a second. "hm, how about if you sit at my table instead? you can get to know my friends a little."

"oo, okay. i'll let niki know." maybe that's better anyway. i wouldn't want niki to feel like a third wheel. maybe he can try talking to heeseung, jay, and jake.

he smiles. "great."

"i'll see you at lunch." i peck his lips before heading back to class. how am i supposed to focus now? i can't wait for lunch, i'm definitely looking forward to it.

"do we really have to sit with him?" niki groans as we grab our lunch trays from the cafeteria. it's safe to say he's not too fond of the idea.

i nod while grabbing a bottle of water. "he's my boyfriend, niki. i want you two to get along."

he doesn't even try to hide rolling his eyes. "he's a jerk."