Hidden Shoes

Awkward was a word. A very flexible word at that. It could be used to describe an action, or maybe the way someone's face looks when they get asked out by someone. Sometimes it's used to describe a situation.

And right now 'awkward' was the word that perfectly described this moment.

The girls sat in a circle around your room and you panicked while rushing down the stares to get the snacks.

Liz was clung to your mothers leg as she watched you nervously walk in the kitchen.

Your mother turned and furrowed her brows harder than she ever had before.

"Five people was crazy! But five girls!?" She whisper yelled.

"I'm sorry," was all you could muster as you lowered your head.

As much as she wanted to be upset at you, mom couldn't stay mad.

She rolled her eyes and sighed.

"At least marry one of them," she mumbled under her breath as she handed you a bowl of fruits and a bowl of bagged chips and junk.

"Mom!" You whisper yelled back as you took the bowls.

She smirked.

"Don't act like I didn't see the way they looked at you when you came down the stairs," she said then her eyes widened. "Don't tell me you haven't noticed they're interested yet?"

You were turning away but couldn't help but freeze and turn back.

"What do you mean?" You questioned with a beet red face.

Liz watched in curiosity before tugging on your moms sweatpants.

"Are those Ladies Bubba's wives?" She asked softly.

This earned a chuckle from your mom and about a ten degrees increase of the surface temperature on your cheeks.

"I'm going now," you said quickly as you rushed back to your room.

Reached the door, you hesitated to go in and while you cooled off you heard the girls talking inside.

"I swear, he looked so annoyed," Hanni almost whined.

"I knew this was a bad idea, he hates us," Hyein commented.

You were in utter confusion as to why they thought that. Then it dawned on you. When they entered the house and you got to the bottom of the stares, you stared in awe, the only problem being that your face for some reason didn't show expressions well, meaning even when you were surprised or in awe, your face didn't really show it.

You felt stupid, sure it wasn't your fault necessarily, but you still felt bad.

Now you knew you needed to grow a pair and show that you actually liked having them there.

You put on a soft smile and shook your nerves off before pushing the door open.

They all turned in surprise and almost with worry, but it seemed to clear once they saw the smile.

W thinking self.

You placed the bowls down in the circle and sat down next to them.

They didn't say anything so you decided to take matters into thy own hands.

"Whats with the awkwardness? Eat," you said while gesturing to the bowls.

You took notice that Haerin was the first, and the fastest, to go for the snacks. Danielle chuckled at your comment and joined the hungry cat.

"Jeez, your mom gave put a lot," Minji hummed as she slowly slipped a grape into her mouth.

You watched as she did it and it was so attractive for some reason.