II. PROLOGUE : BROKEN WALKMANS !

OCTOBER THE EIGHTH , 1985 !

Rowan Hetfield was walking through the hallways of Lenora Hills Highschool, speedily. He was trying to get to History with Mrs. Gracie, his walkman playing Head Over Heels by Tears for Fears as his skateboard stayed secure in his half open olive green backpack.

Will Byers was going the other way toward Mr. Krunkins Algebra class. Until they clashed , quite literally, Wills books hitting the floor, as Rowan's walkman came apart on the tile as well.

"Oh my God. I'm so sorry!" Will spoke looking at the broken player. "No worries! She's been through worse." Rowan smiled. Will looked up at Rowan , actually looking at him for the first time.

Will picked up the tape as Rowan picked up the rest , "Tears for Fears...nice." he smiled sheepishly. Rowan smiled at Will. "They're my favorite." he told him. Will nodded, and Rowan helped Will with his books.

"Thanks..." he paused, waiting for his name, "Rowan...Rowan Hetfield." he told him, a small grin present, "Rowan." Will repeated, "I'm Will Byers." he told the boy. Rowan nodded, "Well I'll see you around Will." he said, the smile never leaving his face.

Rowan put his walkman back together and continued walking to class, the words from his favorite group now becoming more relatable "Something happens now i'm head over heels."

Once he got to History class he couldn't stop thinking about Will, his eyes , his hair , even though bowl cuts were hideous in his opinion, Will made it look good, and his smile! He couldn't help the slight pink aray on his face, until his serendipitous daydreams were interrupted by Mrs. Gracie,

"Hetfield , you're late...again." she spoke up, her eyebrow raised slightly. "Sorry, Mrs. Gracie, traffic." he shrugged. "Mhm, well thats your last warning, you know what happens after that." she told him, now focusing her attention back on the class as a whole.

Rowan rested his head on his elbow that was propped up on the desk, continuing his thoughts of Will Byers.

❛✣❜

Will Byers sat in Algebra, also thinking about that special boy he met in the hallway. He was so nice? So genuine? He smiled at Will.

"William, please come up to the board and solve the equation." the old teacher told the boy. Will looked up, "Oh-yeah, okay." he muttered, slowly getting up from his seat and walking to the front.

Will wasn't very good at math. Scratch that he wasn't good at math. He was falling behind with a D in Math while he was a straight A student in everything else.

The timid boy took a look at the board and tried to solve the problem in his head, once coming to the conclusion he didn't understand, he wrote down an answer that he thought we be logical enough.

Mr. Krunkin took a look at the board, "William that is incorrect." he told him. Some of the class snickered. "That's enough, unless you want detention." Mr. Krunkin told the class. They immidiently stopped.

Will returned to his seat slightly embarrassed, but to be honest he was used to it by now. He spent the rest of the 40 minute class period, doodling in his notes, some of the little pictures looking a little too much like Rowan.

❛✣❜

Lunch had rolled around, Rowan and Will had the same lunch period to their surprise. So when Rowan saw Will had no one to sit with at lunch he called him over . "Hey Will!" he smiled, beckoning the brunette to sit with him.

He remembered my name?!

Will thought to himself, as he walked over to Rowan, "Hey." he smiled, sitting down next to him. "Hi!" he smiled.

All of a sudden a brunette girl walked over to Will and smiled, "Hey Will." she was cut off when she saw Rowan.

Who is this girl? Rowan thought to himself , Is that his girlfriend? he continued thinking. However, he was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Will speak up, "Hey El, oh El this is Rowan my friend and Rowan this is El, my sister." A wash of relief came over Rowan, but part of him wanted to be more than friends with Will, despite them just meeting an hour ago.

"Oh, it is wonderful to meet you!" Eleven smiled, sitting down across from Will. "Nice to meet you too!" Rowan smiled.

Will smiled, he was glad his new friend, what he wished would be more, and his sister were getting along.

"Hey Will, do you maybe wanna hang out after school?" Rowan asked, curiously. Will melted as he said his name.

"Uh-yeah, of course!" he stumbled over his words , a dorky grin on his face.

"Great! I'll see you then, meet me at the park." he smiled, getting up for his next class and walking away. "Bye Will, bye El it was nice meeting you." he chimed.

"Bye, Rowan." they both said. Will couldn't help but smile, and El knew Will didn't just like Rowan as a friend.

EJ SPEAKS !OMG?? Ok so I'm so in love with this prologue and also El knowing about Will?!?! Please Rowan and Will are so cute , but anygays  I hope you enjoyed this, because it took me two hours to write , because I keep getting sidetracked 😍 but...

EJ SPEAKS !
OMG?? Ok so I'm so in love with this prologue and also El knowing about Will?!?! Please Rowan and Will are so cute , but anygays I hope you enjoyed this, because it took me two hours to write , because I keep getting sidetracked 😍 but also like im impressed with myself. This was just the prologue, so don't expect it to be happy go lucky from here. Those of you who know me know that's not the way things go around here . I'm just rambling atp but #BYERFIELD4L #BYERFIELD4EVER OK BYE NOW WAIT ALSO MAKE SURE TO VOTE AND COMMENT SO I HAVE MOTIVATION TO WRITE THIS GAY ASS BOOK!!!! OK BYE BYE! ILY ALL SM!