YEAR ONE

YEAR ONE

SEPTEMBER 1ST- 1971

Danica Potter was a bundle of nerves and anxiety as she held her father's arm as he led the Potter family of four down the busy train station, walking past different wizarding families Danica had recognized, watching as her father gave a few of them tight smiles as he maneuvered around the crowd.

"Keeping up, Hunny?" Fleamont shouted over his shoulder to his wife, Euphemia, who had her grip on the other young Potter, James.

"Yes, dear!" Euphemia, commonly called Mia, yelled out to her husband before the family walked a bit longer before stopping at the baggage drop-off.

"Okay, this is it." Fleamont, who was called Monty usually, said as he stopped, passing the train conductor his daughter's trunk before James and Mia stopped beside them, passing James' trunk and the family owl the twins would share while at Hogwarts.

Dani let her dad pull her away from the crowd before stopping in front of one of the compartment doors, "Okay kids, this is it."

"You two be good, okay? I don't want any letters from Minerva about any misbehaviour, got it?" Mia started to lecture as James rolled his eyes, "Yes mum, I promise. I know what this is really about, I'll keep Dani in line."

"Shut up Jamie, im the good twin!" Dani argued as James scoffed, "Depends on who you ask!"

"Mum!" Both twins protested as they turned to look at their Mum who had moved to wrap an arm around her husband's middle while his rested on her shoulders.

"You are both equally angelic-" Mia started as Monty began to laugh, "And equally devilish. You both need to be good and watch out for each other, alright? I need you both to promise me you'll take care of each other. Hogwarts can be overwhelming and it'll test who you are these next 7 years so you need to be careful and always have each other's backs."

"Yes, dad I promise." James repeated as Dani nodded, "Of course dad."

"Good, now give your folks a hug and get on the train before it leaves without you," Monty said as he stepped back from Mia to reach towards his son as Dani stepped into Mia's arms.

"I'll miss you, dearie." Mia said, kissing her daughter on the head as Dani smiled, trying to blink away her tears, "I'll miss you too, mum. I'll write soon."

"Please do. You'll do great, Dani. You will." Mia encouraged before James practically pushed Dani out of the way to hug his mother. Dani sent him a scowl before walking over to her father who already had his arms open for her.

"Look at you my angel, do not cry. You'll have your brother and fudge to write back to me any problems you have. I'll miss you but please don't worry. I love you, my girl." Monty said, wiping away the tear that slipped out of her eye.

"I love you too." Dani said into her dad's chest as he held her close, "Alright James, please take your sister and get on the train before I start crying too."

"Let's go, Dani," James said, giving his mum one last kiss on the cheek before pulling Dani onto the train.

"Let's go find Peter!" James excitingly said as Dani's eyes wouldn't let herself look away from her parents who held each other as Mia started to tear up.

"You go, I want to wave bye to mum and dad," Dani told him as he nodded, taking off down the hall, looking into every compartment as she went.

Dani watched as more kids got on the train before the doors eventually shut, making the realization that she was leaving her parents for 10 months. She waved to her parents until she couldn't see them anymore. She wiped her face one last time before turning to try and find her brother.