soulmark

" ᛖᛚᛁᛃᚨᚺ "

" ᛖᛚᛁᛃᚨᚺ "

Ever since she could remember, the strange lettering was engraved into her wrist, pale enough for no one to notice, but rough enough in the edges to be traced. It wasn't until the tragic accident of their parents' death did Alyssandra begin to uncover the secrets behind the runes.

•••

✦ soundtrack ✦

𝚒. 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚊

𝚒𝚒. 𝚌𝚘𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚌 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚎

𝚒𝚒𝚒. 𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝚍𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚊 𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗

𝚒𝚟. 𝚜𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚋𝚢 𝚍𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚒𝚎

𝚟. 𝚒 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚊𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚞𝚗

𝚟𝚒. 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚢 𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚜 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚠, 𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚊𝚗

𝚟𝚒𝚒. 𝚝𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚜

𝚟𝚒𝚒𝚒. 𝚖𝚛. 𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚢 𝚔𝚒𝚍 𝚌𝚞𝚍𝚒

𝚒𝚡. 𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚒𝚏𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚢 𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚣

•••

MYSTIC FALLS WAS THE PLACE where nothing ever happened.

A small town in Virginia. Quiet, undisturbed. The air is always fresh and calm, the streets buzzing with the smell of unlit cigarettes and booze and teens who should be in school. There is nothing ever serious going on. Nothing to warrant the interest of anyone remotely important. The people of Mystic Falls live then die- just like everywhere else.

Maybe if they were lucky enough they had the means to get out of town before they got to the dying part. Meet new people, start new roots. Go to places that they've only talked about in class. Not to say that life there was bad but-

It was dull.

A verse that everybody already knew. You say 'good morning' to the Sheriff when you see her. You thank Roberta after she gives you water in the Mystic Grill- then you wink at the waiter so he gives you a better drink. And after class, you try to ignore the fact that your twin's best friend is your biggest rival. It was a song and dance that would end after you, just as it all began before you, soothing in the same way the drink the waiter gave burns its way down your throat.

It started with a dream, not even on the day of their death but before. Drowning in the same waters where she learned how to swim. The same belt that should've saved their lives choking them instead. A premonition that she ignored- because it was just a bad dream.

After that, the people of Mystic Falls live and die. Then live.

Through their spirit, their body, their sentiments; written permanently in journals and diaries and skin, unleashing webs of secrets- some older than the town itself. At least Alyssandra thought it wasn't dull anymore,

It was hell.

•••

starring

•••

Nina Dobrev as Alyssandra GilbertThe Doppelgänger Siphoner

The Doppelgänger Siphoner

and

Daniel Gillies as Elijah MikaelsonThe Noble Original

The Noble Original

Warning:

This book contains Graphic Violence, Foul Language, and Mature and Triggering Content. Proceed at your own discretion.

Disclaimer:

This book is an AU from the TVD (The Vampire Diaries) Franchise. I own nothing but the OCs and plot.

This story will be 80% off-script but 60% canon. Ish. If you don't like that, kindly click away. This book is a slow burn.

Author's Note: Hey. So this is a rewrite of the other fic I made with the same title. In truth, I had a lot of trouble while writing that story because it didn't go in the direction I wanted it to. This is another go at it, can't promise I'll finish it but I'll try.