Ch 1 : Meet Mr Donnovan

We often delude ourselves into believing the little bubble we live in is all there is to the world; when, actually, there are far too many things we've never even heard of. The world seems easy to understand yet reality is something else altogether.   

                                                                ************************

Maria was sitting at her desk, just writing random stuff in some paper, when the door opened and the fuss abruptly stopped in the classroom. Walked in the teacher probably. She couldn't say really since she didn't bother to raise her head. She heard whispering though. It couldn't be helped that she started to wonder about what was going on... Nevertheless, she didn't look up.

A very sexy, melodic –and, strangely enough, unfamiliar– voice could be heard from the front of the classroom, "Good morning everyone. I am Mr. Donnovan, your new French teacher."

Said Mr. Donnovan remained quiet for a minute or so, then said in a seemingly hesitant manner, "Err, we could get to know each other today," then added in a more confident one, "Feel free to ask me any question you'd like."

Maria heard the school bitch, Sandra, ask him how old he was.

'Well, that's weird,' she thought. 'When did she get interested in teachers as well?'

Sandra was known to like her men –boys– well-built like those of the soccer team. And she had done all of them, hence the nickname Maria had given her.

Still, Maria couldn't bring herself to care. At least, not enough to look up. She therefore continued her doodling.

The teacher answered in what could only be considered as a confused tone, "I'm twenty four, not that it should matter. I'm qualified."

Maria heard some giggling and just rolled her eyes at the shallowness of some girls.

Next question was by Blondie –a.k.a. Becky– who was none other than Sandra's number-one clone, "Are you single?"

At that, Maria grew impossibly curious to see the new teacher. First, they had asked about his age; then, about his situation, taken or free? She had to see him!

She finally raised her head from the desk. To say the view that greeted her was unexpected would be the understatement of the year.

There, sitting on the teacher's desk, was by far the sexiest man she had ever had the chance to lay eyes on. Tall, about six feet, well-built, with large shoulders and a defined chest, a strong angular jaw, high cheekbones, and luscious firm lips to die for.

She then greedily looked up a little more, only to lock eyes with most beautiful forest green ones she had ever seen.

The new French teacher removed a lock of his dark brown, ear-level hair that came blocking his sight, and then finally answered, "I'm actually currently single."

And that was Maria's cue to stop checking out the new teacher and break the eye-contact.

'Oh my god!' she inwardly squealed. She sure as hell wished she hadn't looked up, because the piece of candy that had been assigned to them as a teacher could only mean troubles –with a big T.

Mr Donnovan asked each student to tell him the name, the age and something interesting.

As the first row was basically a sluts-only row, and he started right from it, Maria couldn't suppress the urge to yawn out of boredom. She gradually became more and more absorbed in her thoughts and zoned out for a while. It was only when she heard him calling her name that she broke out of her reveries. Upon seeing him standing right next to her, it was all she could do to hold back a gasp of surprise.