Chapter Fourteen

The week began just as quickly as it had finished.

It was Monday afternoon and I was midway through my afternoon university seminar. My course mates were talking amongst themselves at the table we were sat at, I was scrolling through Instagram when I saw that Erling had made a post.

I stopped on the post and scrolled through the pictures, they were all pictures from yesterdays game. The majority of them being from when he was celebrating his goal. I liked his post before continuing to scroll down my Instagram page.

My phone pinged loudly, I quickly pressed the volume button to turn it down.

Imogen is typing...

New Chat from Imogen

I opened the notification.

Imogen: You coming to training tonight?

I thought before responding.

Lottie: Yeah I'll see you there

I watched as her Bitmoji didn't leave the chat, chuckling to myself.

Imogen: You can bet you will 😏

I rolled my eyes with a smile as I swiped off the chat and carried on concentrating on my seminar tutor.

I had finished university early today, one of my lectures had been cancelled which meant that I didn't have to speed to training like I usually did. I had time to have something to eat and get changed.

Usually, the older girls who could drive would give the freshers and other girls who couldn't drive a lift to training, so that they didn't have to get the bus. I offered to drive people to training in the group chat and my car ended up filled with Imogen, Mia and two freshers.

I was advised to be careful when driving because of my arm, but I was finding it easier to use my left arm slightly. I had taken my arm out of my sling to drive, I wanted to try and use it as much as possible without hurting myself. And worse case scenario, Mia could change gear and use my hand break for me if I really needed her to.

My music played loudly through the car speakers as we sang along, I sped down the road and stopped at the red traffic light.

"Move over, Imogen," I heard one of the freshers, Naomi, grumble at Imogen. I looked into the mirror to see Imogen sat in the middle of the two, hogging the majority of the back row. I watched as Naomi pushed her playfully.

"It's not my fault I have such a juicy fat ass," Imogen shouted as she moved herself so that she was taking up less room. Mia threw her head back to laugh whilst I laughed under my breath.

My speakers were still playing music loudly but I turned the sound up more as one of my favourite songs began to play, Miss Independent by Ne-Yo. I tapped my hand against the steering wheel in rhythm.

"Tune," Mia dragged out as she began to sing along.

The traffic light turned green and I quickly put my foot on the accelerator, driving down the road.

"This song always reminds me of you," Imogen shouted from the back seat with a smile.

Me and Mia carried on singing at the top of our voices as we danced along to the song.

Soon enough we were pulling up to the familiar training ground, the car park was busy with students cars who were there to train for their respective sports clubs. I quickly sped into the car park to find a parking spot before they were all taken.

"To your left!" Naomi shouted, I looked over my steering wheel to see an empty spot, which another car looked like it was going to take.

I quickly drove forward to take the spot, when I saw that it was Ella and some of the other freshers who were also driving forward to take the parking spot.