five

five

"You might not feel it now, but you are part of this family. You always have been, and always will be."

THE PANDORA FORESTAFTERNOON

THE PANDORA FOREST
AFTERNOON

Funerals were never an easy occasion for any Na'vi to endure, even with the ceremonies and rituals they followed to celebrate the life of the deceased.

Though they now flowed through life with Eywa, returning what once was borrowed, they still left behind an emptiness that one could not fill with ease.

Marali had been a token among the Omatikaya people. Her gentle touch had embraced many Na'vi, spreading a feeling of comfort and warmth, of protection and safety.

She was a breathe of fresh air in a stale room, that had now been snatched from one's grasp.

Her funeral was one of utmost pain and hollowness. Emotions were breaking through the containers of life and overflowing into the world around them, drowning every living thing in a harsh reminder of what was lost.

Yet, through the selfishness of each others pain, all eyes found their way to the orphan girl who had been left behind.

Tarya was a beacon of self torture.

Her eyes told many stories; one could not focus on just a single quote. Yet, they all ended with the same tear stained pages.

The same tired and pained, glossed over look.

For, she was tired. So very tired. Tired from the endless crying which stole her from sleep. Tired of the weight she was carrying of losing her mother, as well as her father. Tired of feeling empty and alone, despite the clan providing the comfort she knew she needed.

She just wanted it all to stop. To pause for a moment. Rewind.

To be enveloped in her mothers embrace those brief moments before she joined Neteyam and Lo'ak and breached the skies. To feel her warmth one last time.

Hear her voice. Those soft words she always spoke. To hear yawntutsyìp one last time. To know there was still hope in the world which now seemed to hold so little.

A songcord was all she could hold, grasp on to. But, even that would be taken from her within a moment.

It held years of significant events, of important memories her mother had experienced in her short life. And now, it was all that remained of the woman.