Chapter 1

I've come to the conclusion that Gotham is a fragile city. With its weak police force and high crime rate, it wouldn't take much to push it over the edge and into the ground. I stood in the frame of the broken window, overlooking the small city. The sounds of siren were becoming more prominent, and the street lamps flickered on and off. The night air was cool. Just the way I liked it. I sucked in the air, savouring the taste. It was probably going to be the last time I was going to be outside. At least only for a while though. I waited for the police to come. To anyone else this may seem stupid, but to me this was my job. My mission was to 'accidently' get caught by the police and to be brought into Arkham Asylum. But that was only temporary. All I had to do was stay in there long enough to kill the guy I was hired to assassinate, and then I had to break out by myself. My boss was only kind enough to provide me with the information on this guy. Once I get in, I do my job and then its up to me to get out. Under any other circumstances, I wouldn't agree to this offer, and would go find work else where, but this was a lot of money I was being offered. Gotham now had the privilege of being the first police force to ever catch me. And it would be the last. The silent alarm had been going for 15 minutes now. Suddenly nine police cars pulled up outside the bank I was currently standing in. Well time to put my acting skills to the test.

I ran up the fourth floor, where the safes were. Time to look busy. I walked up the first safe and took out one of the ,matching handguns I had in the holsters resting on my hips. I positioned the gun to the locked handle of the locked safe, and pulled the trigger. The gunshot rang through out the room, slightly ringing in my ears. I stepped in the safe. Mountains and mountains of dollar bills lay stacked neatly in piles. Meh, it was uninteresting. I heard the thud of many feet climbing up the stairs. Look busy. I took off my black beanie, and started filing it with some dollar bills. The door slammed open to this floor, and I rolled my eyes. Way to make an entrance. I turned around. I guess I should try to escape, make it look real at least. I stood up straight and shoved my pockets with money. I emptied my beanie and placed it perfectly on my head. The door Swarms of cops stood there, some pointing their guns straight at me, others standing there opened mouthed, recognising me instantly. I smiled baring my fangs at them. I hissed at them, resembling the animal that the called me. The Viper.

I ran to my right and the bullets were unleashed behind me. I was too fast for them to hit me. I ran to the wall and did a back flip off it, and landed on my feet. Born and bred weapon is what they call me. But only I know the real reason why I was so fast, and able to do these gymnastic moves, like a ninja. These were the things that swarmed my past. But this was my present, and there's no point of reliving my fearful past. There was some gasps from the cops, and other grunts of frustration. "Come on boys, lets turn this bitch into a handbag" came a voice. Oh haha cause I resemble a snake. I wonder if this cop would still be so funny if I cut him up into little pieces. Probably not. I ran towards the same the cops were standing. Some of them ran for me, but I easily dodged their arms. As I ran the bullets flew again, some nearly catching me. I massive man ran full force at me. I dropped to the ground and swept his legs from under him using my own. He cops were scattered now, reloading their guns. I took this opportunity and ran to the door. I made it look as though I wasn't going to stop and at the last moment I flipped over them. I landed with a slight stumble, but nevertheless, kept moving. I headed to the stairs where my exit was and was about to descend when something snagged my ankle. I lost my balance and I fell down the cold metal stairs. It knocked the breath out of me with every step. By the time I reached the bottom of the stairs, I had to suck in the air. A warm liquid trickled down my chin. Shit, I must have bitten my lip by accident. I felt the bruises already forming on my stomach. I had a slight headache. I sat up and ignored the pounding in my head. There was a man next to me. He had brown mousy hair and a fuzzy moustache. He quickly scrambled up and pointed his gun at me. Ugh oh no he caught me. I held my hands up over my head. In all fairness he was the only one who went to the extreme to catch me, and for that I respected him.