𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

"I'm almost like a headless chicken yet I have a head but just can't function"

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

"Is this really necessary, Uro-Sensei?" Saiyuki at the moment was swinging his sword up and down with it every so often making a swift sound effect "I don't remember saying I needed to swing swords up and down thousands of times."

"This is necessary unless you don't want to unlock the rest of your forms, Saiyuki. My words are absolute!" Urokodaki chopped Saiyuki on the back of his neck making the boy grunt "And I told you just to call me sensei!"

"Yeah whatever, sensei." Saiyuki rolled his eyes as his tone seemed to be of one of annoyance along with arrogance "This will absolutely make me become the best hashira, you're the best sensei!"

Hearing Saiyuki's words, Urokodaki seemed pleased and by the tone of his voice he seemed happy to be praised "You really think so? Geez, I haven't been flattered in years!"

"It was a joke dummy, like your stupid fashion sense. I'm surprised Tanjiro hasn't already gone insane with your terrible outfits of choice!" Saiyuki was once again chopped on his neck but harsher and it seemed personal as a visible tick mark formed on Urokodaki's forehead.

"Shut up and get back to your training, you busu!" Saiyuki's eyes twitched as Urokodaki called him an insult in their native language.

"I am not a brat, thank you very much!" The red head sweatdropped as the two of their foreheads bump against one another, making Tanjiro look worried.

"We don't have time to argue everyone! The rest of us have things to do than to just mess around like small children arguing over a swing set at a local playground!" The two stopped with Urokodaki going back to his calm composure. The opposite for Saiyuki as he just huffed and went back to the training he was assigned.

Hours passed by like weekends as the sun began to set in the west, Saiyuki arms were strained and stiff but atleast his grip was stronger. Exhuasted, Saiyuki walked up to the green checkered haori boy with a tired blank face with beads of sweat sliding down his face "The sun is setting, let's get back to the cabin, Kamado."

Tanjiro smiled at the messy hair boy with a soft smile "Your right! We should be heading back now and just call me Tanjiro!" The two walked alongside one another with the two conversing with eachother.

"Say, Saiyuki-kun?"

"Hm? What's up?" 

"Why is that you want to become the best hashira? I'm sure you have a good ambition for such a large goal." The ruby eyes met his midnight blue ones while Saiyuki held his head low as he grudges on towards the cabin.

"Oh that? That was just some sarcastic saying to hype up Urokodaki, why?" Saiyuki held a confused look on his face as the snow went from a blizzard to just small amounts falling from the sky.

"Well, what do you want to do after you complete all of your 12 breathing forms? Are you going to rise through the ranks like most? Or do you have some other sort of goal in mind? I don't want to push you to answer, so just say or do whatever you please, I wouldn't mind!" Saiyuki gazed over at Tanjiro with a visible amount of no emotion but a small glint of surprise and comfort.

"I do have my own separate path I have to follow, just because I will master by breathing forms doesn't mean it's to join the hashira and slay demons. That's just a side quest until I am completely prepared for the main quest. Once I finish this little journey of completing my breathing forms,I will venture off to places people have never found before." The ruby eyes widened surprised at the answer but he seemed to be satisfied as he hummed.

"I actually respect that."

"You do? Most would call me selfish and to never wish my face to come upon their faces ever again for eternity. Why is that you, a gentle soul, would actually respect my decision?" The question didn't surprise Tanjiro as he answered as calmly as he could.

"That's just the way I am. I'm one to see the views of others and put myself in their position. Although I may not like the person or am necessarily not fond of them, seeing how they view things changes not only my perspective, but gives me a better view of how the world can really be when you stop constantly thinking about yourself and your opinions and take time to value others." Tanjiro's gentle smile never left his face as Saiyuki looked more shocked with a visible gasp leaving his mouth.

"Thank you, Tanjiro. Ive actually never thought of it that way, being so locked up in the head makes me that type of person, doesn't it?" The midnight blue eyes of Saiyuki softened as he genuinely smiled slightly. 

Saiyuki chuckled "You've got me more in a trance, I don't even know what I'm saying anymore, huh? Your different Tanjiro, someone like you is a one in a billion chance of even meeting, I must be lucky, don't you think?"

im actually happy to meet someone like you, Saiyuki. You're perfect, just for me,. Tanjiro thought as the two walked back to the cabin.

"Saiyuki, I ask for you to make a promise with me and for me only."

"Yeah? And what's that?"

"Will you promise..after you complete this little side quest, that we stay friends forever even in afterlife?" Tanjiro held up his pinky Infront of Saiyuki as the messy haired boy with his colorless hair looked at him surprised but he smiled gently.

"I'm guessing this is your way of saying we are going to be friends?" Saiyuki chuckles "Forever and Always, Tanjiro." Saiyuki locked his pinky with Tanjiro as they walked back to the cabin. Unknowingly to the other , one's fingers were crossed behind their backs.

(980 words)

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

"A small pinky promise can change lives, but did it change mine for the better or worse?"

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝