Preface

"Multiple sclerosis is a chronic disease that affects the central nervous system and can cause disruption of signals between the brain, spinal cord and optic nerves, leading to a wide range of symptoms. It is a disabling disease in which the immune system abnormally attacks the myelin sheath, the insulating and supportive layer that surrounds nerve cells, causing increased inflammation and, consequently, damage". This is the scientific explanation of Multiple Sclerosis. Now I'll explain to you who Multiple Sclerosis is for me.

I'm Federica, I'm 33 and I have a roommate. My story is a story, it has nothing special, but above all it is not a "How to manage sm" or "The 10 secrets to accepting sm" or a "Follow me, do like me and you will live happily with sm".

None of that. I will tell my story so that it can help those living with multiple sclerosis to feel less alone, strange and more understood; to those who experience it as a reflex as an aid to deal with the situation, and ultimately to those who don't know it as a pathology so as not to be afraid of it. I will spread my word so that people understand that disability is not always and only visible. That there is an invisible disability and it is also disabling. So if you want good vibes with a dash of challenge, love, craziness and thrill, this is the book for you.