2 - Fluff

Cheryl and Toni confess their feelings for the first time. They are best friends. Toni is a huge nerd and has anxiety but wants to be a badass Serpent. Toni is in the closet. Cheryl is the British HBIC and is also in the closet.

Toni sat in the Student Lounge, waiting for Cheryl, twiddling her fingers and her leg bouncing as she did so. During the free period that she'd just had, all she could think about was how she felt toward Cheryl and how she thought it was time to tell her the truth. She knew Cheryl probably didn't feel the same way but she needed to get it off her chest. To her, it was likely she'd lose a good friend after this. The bouncing of her leg quickened and she felt a panic attack coming along. She felt her chest tighten and her breathing got uncontrollably faster. Just as she broke down, Reggie Mantle, Toni's bully, walked past. "Freak!" He laughed slyly before heading to Football Practice. Toni ran to the bathroom, where she screamed and cried, putting her head on her knees, and trying to regulate her breathing.

After a while of Toni crying to herself, the sound of footsteps could be heard. These footsteps were all too familiar to Toni. "Toni?" Cheryl spoke and Toni opened the cubicle door.

"Are you okay, darling?" Cheryl's British accent came through strongly as she spoke to Toni. Cheryl knelt in front of Toni, who just shook her head, allowing herself to cry into Cheryl's chest. After a bit of time, Toni was calm and she sat herself up before looking into Cheryl's eyes.

Cheryl found herself getting lost in Toni's gaze, the way she always did. Toni's eyes made her way to Cheryl's big, red lips that were coated in a cherry-red lip gloss. Her signature colour. Cheryl's eyes did the same. Toni lips were coated in a clear lip gloss. Both girls leaned in and their lips touched for the very first time. 

Toni tried to linger on Cheryl's lips, feeling safe in her embrace but Cheryl pulled away. "I am so sorry. I shouldn't have done that. That was so stupid of me." Toni spoke quickly, almost too quick for Cheryl to understand her. Toni then stood up and started to walk away but Cheryl was right behind her, gently grabbing Toni's hand, turning her around and kissing her again. Toni immediately kissed back before pulling away. "IloveyouCherylandIreallywanttoaskyououtbutyou'llprobablysaynosoyeah." She quickly spoke not breathing between each word.

"Darling, take a deep breath. Tell me again but speak slowly and clearly this time." Cheryl laughed, shaking her head. 

Toni took a deep breath and then looked into Cheryl's eyes once again before speaking. "Cheryl, I love you and I really want to ask you out but you'll probab-" Toni was cut off her sentence by Cheryl 's lips on hers and she immediately kissed back feeling herself calm down faster than she ever has before.
"Yes. I would love to go out with you. I have wanted that for longer than you could possibly know."