chapter eight | confusing feelings

Y/N HAD SPENT the last few minutes explaining the previous night's events with Jenna and the kiss to her best friend Phoebe. "You broke the first rule?! That's great!" Phoebe spoke excitedly. "How do you feel about it?"

That was a good question. How did Y/n feel about it? In all honesty, she didn't know how she felt. She hasn't really sat down long enough to think about it. Not to mention she hasn't really done anything like this in a while.

To be specific, she hasn't really had romantic feelings toward anyone in a while.

"I don't know. I had that rule for a reason because this shit never works out." Y/n replied with panic in her voice. "She's in love with a horrible guy. I mean he cheated on her after all."

"Then talk to her, you might be surprised. She might like you."

"I still don't know how I feel so I won't mention anything till I know for sure." Y/n took a deep breath and then sat next to her on the couch.

"Why don't we turn on a show to distract you from this for a while," Phoebe spoke then turned on A Series of Unfortunate Events.

"I'm not a child but okay," Y/n replied then turned her attention to the show displayed on the tv screen.

She knew what the whole point of the plan was and she had to remember it. They agreed that they wouldn't catch feelings, it was the most important rule after all.

So far the only one breaking that rule was Y/n.

After a few days, it was time for Y/n and Jenna's date night. She was dressed up in the nicest outfit she could find. She stared at herself in the mirror, trying to convince herself that her outfit was good enough for tonight.

"It should be fine," Y/n spoke to herself then she heard the front door close. She had a confused yet terrified look on her face as she went to investigate.

The bad idea already, according to every horror movie ever.

Once she got downstairs, she saw Jenna waiting for her, scrolling through her phone. She looked like she was texting someone, it was probably the ex-boyfriend. Y/n didn't like him at all. As she made her way toward Jenna, she looked up from her phone with a smile. "You look amazing," Jenna spoke honestly as she watched Y/n walk toward her shoes.

"So do you," Y/n replied then returned the smile. "Where are we going?"

"You'll find out soon."

Y/n looked at her with a concerned expression then said "That doesn't scare me at all." Her tone exposed the fear she was feeling at that moment.

"You'll be fine, I promise. You just gotta trust me." She reassured then the two went out to the car once Y/n got everything she needed.

The drive to the secret date location was full of conversations and laughter. That was until Jenna mentioned the kiss. Y/n didn't want to talk about it but she knew they'd have to eventually. "Can we talk about the party for a second?" Jenna asked.

"Do we have to?"

"No, but I just wanted to make sure you were okay because you ran out so quickly," Y/n remembered that very well. The played in her head since it happened. She wasn't sure why.

"I'm fine, I just had something to do."

"Okay, if you say so."

"I know so." Y/n lied then silence took over.

She was just glad that the conversation was over.

"So there's this song and I wonder what would happen if I played it anytime we hung out," Y/n spoke and then took a bite of her food.

"Depends on the song," Jenna responded with a slightly scared tone.

"Dance Money by Tones and I."

"Oh hell no, if you play that around me I will leave or kick you out and not feel bad about it." Y/n laughed at the response and then looked at her.

The longer she looked at Jenna, the more beautiful she looked. It was almost like she never noticed it before.

Was she falling for Jenna?

The worst part was that she knew this would happen. She knew this wouldn't work yet she still agreed to help.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jenna questioned and held Y/n's hand, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm sure." She reassured with a grin.

Jenna's attention shifted when her phone started buzzing like crazy. Y/n glanced at the screen to see over ten different text messages displayed on the screen but there was one that caught her eye.

A text from the ex.

He wanted to have a double date with the couple to catch up with Jenna. Y/n knew what that meant.

This would be over soon.

or maybe not.

"Are you gonna answer those?" Y/n questioned and turned her attention back to Jenna.

"Not right now. We're on a date and I'm having fun." Jenna replied then picked up her phone long enough to shut it down. "They can wait."

"Fake date." Y/n corrected.

"Yeah, fake date." The two smiled at each other and then returned to their conversation before they had been interrupted.

The drive back to Y/n's house consisted of singing along to music and talking about articles they'd read about their relationship. New ones of course. It was the standard stuff of people assuming it was a PR stunt and others thinking it was real.

Jigsaw by Conan Gray played quietly in the background as the two talked about other projects they might be working on. The roles they were offered were completely different. That said a lot about their careers. "I was offered a role in That '90s Show," Y/n commented.

"Are you going to do it?" Jenna questioned now interested in what Y/n said.

"No, I told them I wouldn't." She explained. "I mean, I would be working with Alex Vause herself but it didn't feel right."

Jenna nodded in an understanding manner and then thought about which project she wanted to talk about. "You already know about most of the stuff I'm working on so I have nothing."

"That's true, I do know about most of them. I'm excited for all of them."

Jenna smiled at the comment then she parked the car in front of the house. "Here's your stop, don't forget to rate your experience on the Uber app." She joked.

"I'll make sure to do that. I'll see you tomorrow."

"You might." The two smiled and waved then she went inside once Jenna was gone.

Deep down she knew that she had to figure this out before it was too late.

How much time did she really have?

————————
brooke speaks!

okay so it might be
kinda short but it's
finished! i hope you
enjoyed the chapter
anyway though!