CHAPTER 2: THAT BLOODY TRAGEDY

NADIA'S POV

It's 840 and I was 12 on that year

5 years after Mama's death and I have to do daily chores to replace Mama.

At first I have to wake up my siblings who are still sleeping. My younger brother, Audie turned 10 on that year and Petra (my younger sister) turned 8. As the eldest sister, I have to held my responsibility to take care after my siblings.

Then, I would go downstairs to prepare breakfast for them. I actually woke up early because Papa had to get to work early alongside Uncle Erwin.

I made open sandwich and hot chocolate for them which Mama usually made that same meal for me before her passing. The siblings also went downstairs as they noticed that I made breakfast for them.

"Where's Papa, sis?" Audie asked me

"Oh, Papa had to go for work early. He said that it's urgent so he had to rush early to work," I explained to him shortly. He nodded as he understands my statement.

"Petra, don't be so picky! Just finish that sandwich," I scolded her just because she rejected the veggies on the sandwich I made. I think I'm just like my mom, giving advice to my younger sister but my sister didn't change even she still treated me the same.

"Yeah, I got it! But you're still not the same unlike how Mama did advice to us, Nadia!" I sighed, I tried to carry this responsibility to replace Mama but Petra still being rude to me as her older sister.

"Petra, please don't bring Mama to this topic! Mama is long gone and it's not my fault to let Mama being like this!" I scolded her again but this time but it's getting serious.

Audie stared Petra seriously, his finger impaled on her waist. I know that Audie would always trust on me and he understands that I was innocent for involving Mama's death.

"Please Petra, don't make sis losing her patience on you, understand?" Audie gives his advice to her. She knew that she couldn't handle her ego but she gave up despite her uncontrollable words.

"I'm sorry, sis. I know I shouldn't say that although Mama is gone," she then apologize to me. I then smiled as she apologize.

"Alright, apology accepted," I tried to cheer her up and pat her head. We would have breakfast together and we would follow Aunt Floor to Wall Maria.

On there, she would led us where Papa would take position on Wall Maria. We went there by steam cruise. I can't believe that the distance between Wall Rose and Wall Maria were really far away.

Finally, we would arrived at Wall Maria. At Wall Maria, people were really crowded than in Wall Rose. The surrounding in Wall Maria was same as in Wall Rose but it had to be secure as Wall Maria might be the last wall surrounding Paradis Island.

We would continue our journey to find Papa. He must be with his colleagues right now.

COMMANDER JOAKIM'S POV

This can't be. Our comrades are in high stakes. Some of them didn't make it home due to Titan attack. As I got informed by Keith Shadis, our defence in Wall Maria is getting worsen day by day. I was waiting in front of the wall, waiting for Erwin and his squad.

I also got informed that Floor also bring my children along here. I actually don't want left them behind so I can always take care of them.

As I can see Erwin and his squad, his arrival doesn't seem satisfied as he didn't smile. The result? Our battle against the Titan was a defeat this time.

"Erwin, how's it going now?" I asked my close friend. He sighed. "This time was not as we expected. This Titan attack is twice more deadly. Some of our comrades were mauled alive by Titans and so on," Erwin rubbed his forehead with his depressed face.