CHAPTER 3

Anya's POV:

The next day, my aunt left before I woke up. She did not have her breakfast. I made some breakfast for myself before starting to clean the house. Today I cleaned the living room. Dusting and swiping and dry cleaning. 

Before I know it is afternoon. I cooked lunch for myself. After cleaning the kitchen and the dishes. I went to the backside of this house. I ran towards the tree and shouted, "ROJO!" I moved more into the forest, trying to locate his red fur. He always stays near my house. I wonder what happened now.

Suddenly, I was tickled to the ground. A weight on me, keeping me down. A little squeal is heard above me, making me know it is Rojo. Smiling, I turned my body and picked him up. He immediately settled in my arms. Rojo is a very shy animal. He does not make friends with other animals. It was hard to be his friend in the start but as time went by, I became his best friend as did he. 

"Did you miss me?" I spoke to him as I patted his head

"Did you miss me?" I spoke to him as I patted his head. He loves when I pat his head or behind his ear. He just snuggled more. He is quiet most of the time. Does not speak much. I filled him in about yesterday's incident and apologized for not meeting him yesterday. 

Soon the sun started to set and I got up. Rojo immediately ran away to his house after I fed him some fruits. He eats leaves mostly but when aunt brings fruits. I sneak some for him. When I came back the house was just the way I left it. I sighed to myself, I started cooking dinner. 

By the time it was ready aunt was back as well. I walked towards her to greet them but was shocked when she pulled me in for a hug. Confused, I returned her hug anyway. She seems happy which is so unusual for her. "I am so happy today, Anya. You don't  know what you have done for me." She spoke so fondly for me. This is the first time she has ever smiled at me. I grinned at her words, feeling happy that I did something to make her happy and not angry. 

"Thank you aunt but I am afraid I do not know what you are saying. What did I do?" I asked as she separated herself from me. "Silly girl," she said while hitting my head softly. I just smiled at her. Not wanting to ruin her mood. 

"I finished making dinner. You go, get freshen up while I set the table?" I made sure to ask her. I remember when I said the same thing but instead of asking I said. She had slapped me so hard that I had to ice my cheek for 2 days. Claiming that who am I to order her around? I did not understand her then but I did not even dare to question her. 

She nodded and went her way. I relaxed before sprinting to the kitchen and setting up the whole table for her. She came down and settled in her seat while I served her. After serving her, I stood behind her against the wall. Waiting patiently for her to finish so I can have my dinner. 

After she finished, she asked me to sit beside her. I obligated. "Darling, you know I love you, right?" That was the first thing that she said to me. Shocked but happy, I nodded my head. Unable to speak. "Then you will save your aunt, right?" I nodded my head again. I would do anything for her. After all, she is all I have. 

"You are to get married a day after tomorrow." She spoke, snitching the floor from under me. I felt like I was present here but my mind was somewhere else. How could she do that? Why would she do that? Did I do something wrong? I do not remember such a thing. 

I opened my mouth to argue but she stood up. "And that's final. No more words on this." She left quickly after saying that. Leaving me in this darkness of my mind. I do not wish to marry. I do not even know the man I am supposed to marry. I know nothing outside these walls of my prison. How will I survive?