Worried

Duan Yuan gasped, catching for his breath as beads of sweat trickled down the side of his face. His figure staggered and, his knees can't help it anymore, he fell back on the bed, panting. Earlier, he was about to look for clues on the cabinets and drawers after he searched the bed when suddenly, his ring which is an artifact heated up and almost burned his finger. This is a sign that there are supernatural beings around, and that they contain negative qi or evil qi.

Fortunately, the ring wasn't too hot like earlier that it seared his finger. Because it showed that whatever the ring sensed, which was that 'monster' earlier, is by far the strongest that the ring has ever sensed. That is why Duan Yuan was taken aback, and was frozen in fear earlier when they were in the first floor.

But, so far, the ring was not that too hot right now, showing that the beings inside the room aside from him are not that much of a threat. However, they are many that it was more than enough that he could handle. Fortunately though, he was able to hold on after he was too stimulated of what happened today. So, he went beyond what he could usually handle.

"Hah..." Duan Yuan took a deep breath.

With what happened on his side, he wondered what is going on Su Yu's side right now. Even though the evil ghost has left him here, but it was obviously for it to see how he could fend for himself, especially that he is disabled. This is shown when the evil beings appeared in the room and tried to kill him.

But Duan Yuan is an exorcist which the evil ghost should not have expected. So, Duan Yuan is still alive. However, that is not the case on Su Yu's side. Su Yu is just an ordinary mortal, which makes Duan Yuan feel worried. Yet Duan Yuan can't do anything right now to help Su Yu. He almost can't even help himself, so he has no time to worry about Su Yu.

Duan Yuan, though, still can't help but feel concerned. After all, he already has regarded Su Yu as his responsibility. He can't just ignore Su Yu falling in danger especially when he is around. Thus, he has to hurry up and find Su Yu to reunite with the other so that he could protect him.

But... how? He is almost done investigating this room, but he isn't sure if he could leave it. And there are also those evil beings that are interrupting him in his investigation. They were obviously sent by that evil ghost not only to see him struggle, but also to torture him until he would not be able to hold on. Which is a very sickening taste. Duan Yuan really feels utterly disgusted with this kind of matter.

But, he can't do anything about it... well, not right now since the evil ghost is strong. As for him, Duan Yuan can fight the evil ghost, but then he is worried that the evil ghost would come after Su Yu in case the evil ghost will be defeated by him. And since Su Yu is not with him right now, thus he can't have a one on one fight against the ghost.

This is a vicious cycle. Duan Yuan thought, feeling helpless. He then resumed searching around the room since there were no evil beings that appeared yet. He has to use as much time as possible to find as many clues as possible to unravel the mystery that is surrounding the Purple Old Manor, which seemed to be tightly tied with its past.

...

While the audience is looking for the answer for Su Yu's question earlier, Su Yu is pondering over on what room to choose and try opening. Su Yu knows that the evil ghost might not have brought Duan Yuan inside the room across the room that he entered just now. So, Su Yu wanted to choose between the two other doors left.

But, Su Yu also thought that this might be the evil ghost's feint. That Duan Yuan might really be in the room across, just that the evil ghost wanted for Su Yu to doubt it by being so obvious of its direction earlier. Thus, Su Yu can't rule out the room across.

Also... what if the evil ghost wanted him to choose the room across thus it was obvious earlier? Then, if Su Yu won't choose the room across, it might be angered and kill Duan Yuan in the process to vent its anger.

Su Yu heaved a sigh, suddenly feeling like this is troublesome. But, since he doesn't want to anger the evil ghost in case it killed Duan Yuan, he finally chose the room across. Not only this was the door that the evil ghost obviously went to earlier with Duan Yuan in tow, but also this is the nearest to him. And Su Yu also recalled that the evil ghost wants to lead him again.

Finally decided, Su Yu crossed the hallway and stood in front of the door the room. Earlier, he felt a strong force blocking him from crossing the hallway and his body was also not able to move. Thus, Su Yu guessed that the evil ghost doesn't want him to enter the room across yet.

It was not the time... until now, which is after Su Yu saw the memories of the owner of the toy train.

"Look! The anchor is finally going to the room across the room he went inside earlier! This is the room where the evil ghost brought his friend earlier!"

"Why didn't the anchor enter this room earlier, then, after his friend was taken away? Not a black fan but a passerby."

"The anchor was in shock earlier and he didn't manage to react. In case you ask why the anchor entered the room just now instead of crossing the hallway... the anchor was possessed to enter the room!"

The author has something to say:

Duan Yuan: to tell (my identity) or not to tell?

Su Yu: either way doesn't matter to me.

In short, Su Yu doesn't care. XD