001,

ACT I. 

"there go our two favorite girls!" blaise exclaims as azelea and pansy enter the compartment. the two hadn't seen their friends all summer, having been away on a conjoined family vacation to europe. 

"were the only girls who can actually bare to be around you." azelea says with a playful smirk as she shoves her trunk into the overheard compartment. "how was your fancy trip?" theodore asks smugly. 

pansy looks down at him with a sarcastic glare. "aww, is the baby still mad he didnt get to travel europe?" she says with a fake pout, causing theo to roll his eyes.  "well the trip was great, thanks for asking," azelea says, sarcasm laced heavily in her tone. "wheres draco?" she asks, curious as to where the nasty little bastard is. 

"hes coming," answered theo. "hes just in the bathroom" he says with a simple nod before biting into his chocolate frog. "y'know, dracos been kinda off lately," blaise interjects. "off? like off how?" azelea questions. 

"i dunno. he just seemed more on edge this summer, y'know with his dad being out of azkaban and all that," 

"lucius is out?!" azelea and pansy exclaim in unison. just then, draco slides the door open, announcing his arrival. "yup," he says simply before taking a seat. "are you alright? hows narcissa?" azelea questions. 

"shes fine. well, she says she's fine. i know shes not though. shes sad to say goodbye to the peace. and her little boyfriend or whatever he was." 

"cissy had a little flingggg?" pansy exclaims, dragging it out. theo and blasie chuckle in amusement. "i didnt know mrs. malfoy was getting down dirty," blaise adds.

"yeah, well enough about that. ladys, how was your trip? did you guys visit the archaeological site of olympia like i told you?" draco had spent the last month of school bombarding the girls with any little fact he knew about greek mythology ever since he found out about their trip. pansy found it annoying, but azelea was intrigued nonetheless. 

"yes, and it was beautiful, thank you dray." azelea says humbly. "yeah, beautiful for YOU," pansy exclaims. "your feet weren't hurting the entire time," she says, crossing her arms. 

"nobody told you to wear six inch fucking stilettos to a rock site, pansy." azelea inquires, making the three boys chuckle at the two girls bickering. "its okay, come here" she says as she pulls the pouting pansy onto her and indulge in a conversation with the boys. soon after, the five start to doze off, waiting out the tedious nine hour ride to hogwarts. 

AZELEAS POV:

i feel myself slowly drifting out of sleep as the train shakes, probably passing over some rocks. looking around the compartment, i see all of my friends are sleeping. all but one. 

"draco? what are you doing up?" i say, slightly lifting pansy off of me so i can sit up. he looks startled to see me awake before answering. "i dont know, just couldnt sleep i guess." he says with a shrug.

ive known draco for as long as i can remember. hell, i met him before everybody else when i was two. so i know when hes lying. 

and right now, hes lying. 

"you can talk to me, you know that right? and its totally okay if its about your dad i mean every knows hes honestly probably the worst man to walk this fucking earth so its one-hundred percent understandable if you're mad that hes back, and you dont have to feel guilty for not wanting him aroun-" 

"azelea." he says sharply, cutting me off. "sorry?" i say, shocked at the urgency in his tone. 

"come here," he says motioning for me to come across and sit next to him. "i trust you with everything in me." he says, gently reaching over to where my hands sat in my lap and grabbing them, all without breaking eye contact. i nod in understanding, mouth slightly agape, completely mesmerized by this knew unnatural feeling. "if there was ever anything wrong, id let you know. you understand that, dont you, baby?" he says, bringing me in closer.

you understand that, dont you, baby?

"draco, what are you doing?" i say, noticing his hands move from mine up to caress my face. "you're really beautiful azelea, you know that?" he asks, his tone laced with an unknown emotion. unsure of what to do, i look up at him with curious eyes. is this man trying to seduce me? 

just as i open my mouth to speak, we hear a throat clear from across the compartment. blaise had woken up. "look, i dont know whats going on here, but i promise not to tell anyone as long as i get updates on whatever this is," he says, pointing between me and draco. we give eachother a look and shrug before whispering "deal" in unison. 

blaise heads out to use the bathroom as i head back over to my seat to lay on pansy. i dont know what just happened, and im too tired to think about it. 

A/N

okay i know this is the first chapter and whatever but trust me theyre not getting together YET.