🤍 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 6

Bored.

That was the definition of Lia's life right now.

While everyone else was outside having fun to their heart's content, she was stuck inside her family's Marui pod.

Tuk would stop by from time to time, checking in on her and playing with her.

Each time she came, she held a different seashell and gave it to Lia as a gift.

Then it was back to the water she goes.

As for her mother, she changed her dressing this morning and left with Aonung's mother to go foraging.

"Hey baby girl, how you holding up?"

Looking up, she sees her father with a wooden bowl of food in his hand.

"Hi, dad," Lia sighed.

"Why the long face, huh? Here, brought you a little something."

Jake approached his daughter and placed the bowl of food in front of her.

"Thank you..."

"Did, uh, the chief's son stop by?" He questioned, side-eyeing Lia discreetly.

However, she knew where he was going with this.

"No, why?" She raised an eyebrow at her father.

"No reason. I was just wondering, that's all."

Lia rolled her eyes. "Really? He was barely in here for less than four seconds yesterday before you sent Tuk and Kiri."

While Jake chuckled, Lia was not amused.

"What's so funny? I'm 18 already. You don't trust me?" She inquired with a frown.

There was a serious look on her face. Shaking his head, he cleared his throat.

"Oh no, I trust you. It's him, I don't trust."

In confusion, Lia furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

Jake chuckled at his daughter's innocence.

"Sweetheart, he's a boy. I was his age once and look where your mother and I are now with you and your siblings."

"Dad!" Lia gasped, now realizing what her father was implying.

"What? I'm just saying you're both at that age now where—"

"Okay, okay, stop. I get it," Lia covered her ears in an attempt to block out her father's words.

A chuckle escaped Jake's lips.

"Just go and let me enjoy my food in peace," she huffed.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm going," Jake shook his head as he placed a soft kiss on the top of her head.

"Hey, if he tries anything, you know what to do right?" He joked.

Lia rolled her eyes. "A knucklehead deserves a knuckle sandwich."

"Good."

He smiled, then walked away from the Marui pod with a laugh.

A small smile spread across her lips as she shook her head. She already gave Aonung a knuckle sandwich, and nearly knocked the daylights out of him.

If he were to try anything with her, would she really give him another knuckle sandwich? This was a question she didn't know the answer to.

If she were to be brutally honest with herself, she definitely feels a slight attraction toward the Olo'eyktan's son.