A Talk with a stranger

Age: 14
Intro to alex
Tw: light family problems
________________________________
Wednesday 3, September 1992 Age 14
Reginald peters

Dear diary,
Today was the best and worst day of my life. We left Washington yesterday and we're on the road to Los Angeles until 9:00 am just to find out the previous owners still are moving out small stuff until tomorrow. It's cool how close my new house is to the beach though, our house is literally in sand which may be annoying later on. I told my mom and dad that I wanted to go for a walk and they didn't even answer... I don't know what I was expecting when my dad told me we were moving because of work but I think It was along the line of "oh I'm proud of you son" from my stay at home mother that DEFINITELY isn't loyal ( I wish she'd be quieter with everyone she gets with) and my sales associate dad who use to stay at bars till 2:00 am drinking his doubts away ( I probably fit in that category) to randomly wanna hang out with me and play ball but that's obviously not happening. Anyways I went to some beach side stores and cvs and ended up with 2 new outfits,deodorant,cheap cologne,cigarettes and water . Changed in the cvs bathroom since for now we live in a van. I realize I smell like the cheapest person alive with this cologne so I don't think I'll be getting that brand again. apparently I walked for so long that ended up in the bad side of town and found myself inside a partially open abandoned house smoking with my legs dangling from the broken part of the wall. This dude named Alex came up behind me and almost caused me to fall down a floor which scared me half to death. After questioning why I was there he sat down next to me asked for a cig. We talked for a while about our lives and I even opened up to him about my parents which caused him to open up about his. he told me his parents found out through overhearing Alex and his friend Luke talk about how he has a crush on a popular jock in his high school. His parents are now closing contact between Alex and his friends because Alex likes guys which is completely messed up.
I actually consoled him for a good few minutes then told him a more detailed description of my life. How I lived in a small town in Washington and how my dad abused alcohol and mom slept with everyone she could. How my parents want to divorce but they are too scared. How recently I've realized everyone I get close to I have to leave. He told me how he thought I was cool and I should meet his friends here soon. I gave him my number and headed back to the van. To think over the new friendship I had made in 30 minutes.