To Be Alone With You

(Listen to the song as you read! Trust me, music makes a huge impact on the tone.)

The young girl smiled. Her tanned skin glowed in the light of the dimly lit room. Her shoulder-length, black hair draped over her face as she sketched onto the page. Her bangs fell over her face occasionally and she would pull it back to the side. She looked over to you, her dark brown eyes scanning your figure.

"What are you doing?" You asked.

"Drawing." She responded, throwing you another soft smile.

"Well, how does that involve you looking at me?" You asked, curious as to why she kept glaring at you.

"Sorry, I, uhh- I got distracted-" She replied, punctuating her sentence with a smile.

"Haha, that's alright." You responded.

The young girl looked back at the page, sketching again.

You both exchanged glances occasionally, smiling at each other. Sometimes she would giggle when you caught her looking at you, and vice versa.

The dimly lit room complimented her skin and hair, same as for you. The room was dark, but the twinkling fairy lights gave way to soft light to provide visibility. The fairy lights seemed to give the room a gorgeous, celestial glow, highlighting the areas the light could reach, making the whole area beautiful.

 It was as if you two had your own little world.

She tossed a few more looks at you, and every time you caught her looking at you, you smiled. She smiled back.

You two weren't talking to each other very much. That was alright. It didn't matter. there was no need to speak. This comfortable silence was all you needed currently. All you two needed at the moment was to sit and enjoy each others company.

"Everything okay?" The young girl spoke up.

"Huh? Yeah!" You replied, snapping out of thought.

"Really? You've just, uhh. . . Been kinda quiet. You're normally more talkative!" She responded to you.

"I know, I'm just. . . Enjoying this perfect moment." You said, a smile making its way to your face.

How her face lit up when she heard that. She beamed. It was almost a look of shock on her face as her eyes lit up brighter than ever before. The shock melted away as her smile faded in and she even looked as if she was holding back tears. She brought up her hands to cover her mouth, dropping her pencil in the process.

She would remember that forever.

And at that moment, you both knew.

There was nowhere else you two wanted to be at that moment.

Unspoken words rest in your shared space, but there's time for that later.

Right now, it's just the two of you in this big, old world, and isn't that all that matters?