A Night Out with Grams

Several days before, Y/n had been told by Grams that she would be taking the girl out for a nice dinner as a celebration of her successful first few weeks in school. Grams, however, failed to mention just how high-end the restaurant was. It required formal dress and makeup, of course, Y/n was far too broke to actually pay for anything that would allow her to actually blend in with the formal elderly people. 

Thankfully, as Kanno was unwilling to let Y/n refuse the dinner, she instead let Y/n and Toga go out and purchase an outfit. After a solid 6 hours of shopping, the group ended up deciding on a fitted dark blue dress with no sleeves. The design was fairly simple and the skirt stopped an inch and a half below the knees. The staff who was keeping an eye on the group offered to have the dress re-stitched to her measurements, but Y/n promptly shut it down before the old woman could accept it. 

 Y/n's only real stipulations were to not end up looking like a clown, and a relatively comfortable and simple dress. Hoping that she wouldn't be wasting too much of the elderly woman's money. Grams didn't really mind too much, as long as Y/n was willing to wear it and it fit the formal dress code. Thus Toga ended up being the main person to pick out dresses. 

With the dress picked out, they got matching dark blue 2-inch high heels. Tall enough for Y/n to dig into someone's foot, but not tall enough to feel like she was on stilts. After the much quicker process of getting some shoes set aside for the dinner, Grams was the one who had decided on jewelry. Seeming particularly interested in it, Y/n and Toga let her choose while they browsed around the store aimlessly. 

Once the entire outfit had finally been planned out packaged and ready for Y/n to wear they all got some food from a local diner. This time, Y/n insisted on paying, as she felt bad for spending so much of the other two's time and effort on her. 

Finally, the actual evening of the dinner came, Y/n put on some fairly light makeup to compliment her features and nothing more, while Grams had gotten herself dolled up for the occasion. When they reconvened at the front door Y/n found that the elderly woman had on an elegant tan dress with a longer skirt. Y/n cheerfully complimented the woman, "You look so pretty!" She said excitedly as the woman ordered an Uber and grabbed her purse. 

As the elderly woman did so Y/n remembered a cool little knife that was disguised as lipstick she'd bought while shopping with Toga and Kanno. Unfortunately, the dress didn't have pockets, and the girl made the reasonable assumption that the restaurant wouldn't allow her to take a backpack with her into the dining area, Y//n rummaged around in her closet where she found a fairly simple purse. Big enough to hold her phone, maybe a wallet, and the lipstick knife. 

With her final preparations, Y/n quickly rushed out as the Uber pulled up outside of their house. "Sorry, sorry, had to grab my phone." Y/n lied, not wanting to get chewed out for being paranoid and taking a weapon with her to their dinner. 

The elderly lady nodded though she commented slightly skeptically, "It's alright dear, but you know I could've kept it in my purse for you..." She murmured. 

Y/n quickly replied. "Yeah, but I didn't wanna be even more of a burden than normal." She said lightheartedly, carefully trying to change the conversation topic.

The woman chuckled a bit as the vehicle got onto a highway. "Now, I won't have that sort of talk, Y/n." She said sternly as Y/n internally dismissed it as Grams just being a good person like usual. Giving a polite smile Y/n just hummed in agreement as the conversation quickly moved along, "So have you made any new friends, dearie?" Grams asked hoping the girl had settled into her new routine properly. 

Y/n blanked for a moment, "Oh, uh, yeah... my deskmate seems chill." Y/n lied. In reality, she barely talked to the boy who'd been seated next to her. The other kid had also ignored her, mostly defaulting to his own group of friends.