Not even Human

"That son of a b-" Plagg roared and zipped forward to reach the little containers, but Wayzz raised a tiny nub.

"Stop! Don't make things worse!" he said.

"Yes, Plagg, if he senses you and captures you, we'll be even more trouble!" Trixx added.

That stopped Plagg, who appeared to be almost shaking and growling. "I can't believe-"

The Kwamis started talking all at the same time,

"He's a monster, Plagg!"

"He melted our Miraculous into rings!"

"He's crazy!"

Adrien saw that Plagg was livid, and the more the Kwamis talked, the angrier he looked. His gaze was darting around the wall as if searching for something. Eventually, he interrupted the avalanche of words coming out of the other Kwamis and asked, "Where's Duusu?"

"Oh, you don't know?" Barkk said, lowering his little head. Plagg shook his head, so Barkk continued, "That boy that looks like your holder. The Guardian gave him my Miraculous, and he stole all our jewels and gave them to Monarch."

Plagg sighed. "Tell me something I don't know..."

"-and asked for the Peacock in return," the Dog Kwami finished saying. Two sets of green eyes widened.

"You mean...Félix has the Peacock?" Adrien gasped when the Kwamis nodded.

Suddenly, there was a noise in the room, and all the Kwamis moved their trembling faces towards the lift that had brought Adrien up, but nothing appeared.

"Please, Monsieur Noir, don't stay here further. If he comes back and catches you, it's the end!" Kaalki said, still eyeing the lift's door.

Adrien sighed. He knew Kaalki was right, but the thought of leaving the poor creatures in those horrible cages was breaking his heart. Eventually, he nodded and looked at Plagg, who was now searching for an escape route.

"Do you think you can get into this hole, gamin?" Plagg asked after noticing that the window that the mechanism had opened had no glass.

"I think so; it looks pretty big," Adrien agreed. "It's a great idea, Plagg. But then, how do we close it from the outside?"

"You transform," the God of Destruction said, winking at him. "Go back to your room and leave it to me!"

And so, they did: Adrien looked back once more at the caged Kwamis, who gave him a cringing smile and moved the nubs they had in place of their arms and hands as if wanting to give him a thumbs up. With a sigh, he transformed, climbed on the roof and, with the help of his baton and the superhuman agility of Chat Noir, in a few moments, he was back in his room. Empty, as usual. After releasing his transformation, he watched Plagg flow out of his window and come back a few minutes later with a sly smile.

"Mission accomplished!" He winked again.

Adrien's face lit up. "Thank you, buddy," he said, scratching behind his ears. "Now eat some of your disgusting cheese, and I'm gonna go get my books and my tablet back. After all, I have school tomorrow, so Father can't suspect anything. When I have my things back, we must warn Ladybug first."

Plagg nodded firmly and rushed into his locker to emerge with a slice of camembert per paw. "Wait a minute, I'm coming with you," he said as he stuffed his mouth with a piece of cheese bigger than himself. He put it all in his mouth and didn't even chew it, immediately reaching for the next one. Adrien gave him a sad smile and approached to take a couple of slices of cheese he had put in his shirt's pocket. Just in case.