4 more years

It was four years on. Four years on from Lewis emotionally breaking down. Four years since Simon had been shot. Everything was better now. Everything was sure to be okay.

That is, if everything would've gone right.

It was the other day, a decent day actually. Lewis was finally out of therapy and they were in the park, playing catch.

They knew this.

They had Lewis and Simon and the family tracked down for years now. It was time.

"Daddy catch!"

"Wha-" Lewis couldn't finish his word as a Frisbee hit him in the head.

He burst out laughing at his discomfort and rugby tackled Sips, the thrower of the Frisbee, into a massive hug. That was until Sjin said the dreaded words.

"PILE-ON!"

Grunts escaped Lewis' mouth as a ton of kids climbed atop his back, giggles being produced from everywhere else.

The weight was... bearable, until Simon jumped on, causing everyone to groan until Lewis, who was at the bottom, rolled over, the giant bundle of children all toppling, Simon included.

A faint gunshot like sound was heard, followed by a small scream. Lewis looked over to Simon who seemed to be unaware of the noise, along with the children, must be nothing.

Look at them, look at what a cute family they were, maybe my nephew deserved to be there, he looked... happy almost. I couldn't keep in an 'aww' when the whole pile-on landed. After this job I would have enough money to finally live with my fiancée, maybe one day we would be as happy as this. BANG, I felt an unbearable pain in the back if my head. Then it all went black, not until I had heard him say the words that confirmed my fears,

"You get shot if you give sympathy Johnson, shame, you were one of the strong ones."

"I SCREAM, YOU SCREAM, WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!" Kim chanted as the ice cream van pulled up, causing everyone to look up.

"I'll do it dad, don't worry" Duncan offered kindly, he had matured so much, yet he was still the same caring big brother to everyone. He rushed over to the van, making sure to catch it, and ordered everyone's usual's. He smiled to himself, thinking back, he had such a bad life, these people took him in and cared for him. When he was older he would make sure EVERYONE in the world is smiling!

He walked back, ice creams in hand, and dished them out, being thanked after each one.

It was late at night now and Lewis said that they should probably head home, so they did.

They knew this. They had their every movement tracked down. They were prepared, screw plan B, they had plan Z.

It was in the alleyway that they took as a shortcut. That was it. Every single body, found, dead, many stabbed, some shot. No one survived. No killer was found.

As for me? Who even am I? I was surely just a narrator in all this, an inanimate person, almost?

I'm more important than you think you know. Well you don't. And you never will.