𝟎𝟖 - rage

[ tw: mentions of violence, blood, and gore ]

tsireya pov

"and this one here is also important for healing wounds. see how i do it."

i watched my mother place the small white flowers in her mouth and chew them before spitting them into her hand. i grimaced and as a result, she gave me an unfavorable look. the tsahìk continued to rub them in between her fingers until they became a pulp.

"now you just apply it to the wound. it has both healing and soothing properties," my mother explained, showing me the poultice she had created in her hand.

i nodded. "can it be used for-"

suddenly, an uproar of voices was heard from outside. my mother immediately rose to her feet as ao'nung entered the pod soon after.

"what is happening, son?" she asked him urgently, looking over his shoulder outside.

"we have a... visitor." ao'nung spoke in a low voice, his eyes narrowed.

my mother swiftly left the pod and ao'nung followed close behind. i quickly tucked some of the white flowers into a pocket of my loincloth before following my mother and brother outside.

i soon found where the commotion was and the scene gave me chills. my father, the sullys, and a few of the metkayina warriors were surrounding a smaller sky person. it confused me at first until i realized who it was. he was the sully's friend, spider.

as we approached the group, the voices became more audible to my ears.

"you did what?" neytiri hissed between gritted teeth, her body language.

"i-i'm sorry, i had to," spider mumbled, bowing his head in defeat.

"what do you mean you had to? he wants to kill our family, dumbass!" lo'ak growled, pushing spider hard enough to make him stumble backward.

"h-he's my father, i couldn't leave him behind," spider mumbled quietly, avoiding lo'ak's eyes.

"what is going on?" ronal demanded, pushing past jake and my father. "and what is he doing here?" she stared at spider through slitted eyes.

"this boy saved the colonel's life," jake responded, his tone dripping with vexation. his face was hard to read from where i was standing. the tension was thickening with each passing second. i felt my stomach turn into knots and i clung anxiously to ao'nung's arm.

spider bit his lip, taking a deep breath. "i know what he did wasn't right, but-"

suddenly lo'ak lunged at spider, pure rage gleaming in his eyes. before he could touch him, kiri stepped in front of the two and pushed lo'ak away.

"stop! everyone stay away from him!" she yelled, standing defensively over the cowering boy.

"no, you move out of the way, kiri," lo'ak said through gritted teeth, stepping up closer.

"don't you dare lay a finger on him. you're better than this, lo'ak." kiri hissed back.

"that's enough, you two. i need to talk to spider. alone," jake ordered, looking around at everyone else and giving neytiri a look.

tonowari nodded and signaled for the metkayina warriors standing nearby to leave. neytiri let out a low hissing noise and turned away with a dejected kiri trailing behind her.

i spotted lo'ak walking briskly away from the scene, his ears lowered and his tail swishing angrily. i hurried over to him, feeling slightly nervous.

"lo'ak? is everything okay?"