1.

6 YEARS OLD

"Ryujinnie!" Yeji screeches as she runs around the house while clutching her bear stuffed toy in her arms.

"Yeji! Be careful! You might trip!" Joohyun only sighs exasperatedly watching her six-year old daughter run around the living room in circles as she's been doing for the past 30 minutes.

She's sure Yeji will be passed out before she even gets around to cooking dinner, Joohyun thinks.

"I'm home!" A loud voice booms from the hallway, Joohyun turns and is immediately met with the sight of her wife - Seulgi. She smiles at her before meeting her halfway for a kiss, all the while Yeji continues giggling and running around.

When they both pull apart, Seulgi places one more tender kiss on her wife's cheek before finally diverting her attention to the scene before her.

"What's she doing?"

Joohyun sighs, "Playing with Ryujin again."

Seulgi only rubs her back affectionately, "She's been playing with her imaginary friend for a lot longer than I thought she would, huh?"

Joohyun hums before Seulgi ultimately pulls away to finally greet her daughter.

"Yeji! I'm home!"

Yeji pauses her running and promptly gasps at the sight of Seulgi before her, "Mama!" She says right before she launches herself into Seulgi's arms. Joohyun watches the sight before her with a fond smile.

Seulgi catches her and places a big sloppy kiss on her cheek, Yeji responds with a high pitched squeals.

"Playing with Ryujin again, hm?"

Yeji nods excitedly, "She said we should play dragons and princesses. I'm the princess and she's my knight saving me from the big scary dragons!"

Seulgi only smiles fondly, glad that her daughter's imagination is so extensive at such a young age.

"How about we put a pause on dragons and princesses and help Eomma cook dinner?"

"Yeah!"

"Great," Seulgi takes a step towards the kitchen before Yeji yells wait.

Seulgi and Joohyun look at their daughter quizzically, "What's wrong sweetie?" Joohyun asks.

"I need to say bye to Ryujinnie!" Yeji huffs.

The two parents exchange a look of disbelief before Seulgi puts Yeji down, the young girl then sprints away back to the middle of the lounge where she left her stuffed toy and starts talking to the thin air in front of her in whispered tones.

Joohyun looks to Seulgi with an eyebrow in question, but her wife only shrugs her shoulders and motions for them to head into the kitchen first, letting Yeji do whatever she needs to before she goes to them.

---

"Ryujinnie! I have to go help Eomma and Mama make dinner." Yeji says, disappointment tinting her voice due to her play time with her favourite friend being cut short.

"It's okay Yeji! We can play dragons and princesses again later though, right?" Ryujin tilts her head to the right in question, her hair falling into her face.

Yeji's eyes light up at the whisker-dimpled girl, "Yes!" She stands with newly renewed energy and makes her way towards the kitchen, before suddenly turning around.

"Bye Ryujinnie, I'll see you later."

"Bye Yeji!" Ryujin waves to her as she watches Yeji walk away.

10 YEARS OLD