91: Obachan❀

White snow, with soft edges where the dark green from the trees and the grey from rocks poked out covered everything. The kind of beauty that attracts people to wander into these forested mountains.

The old priestess of Yukiyama's mountain temple─Otsune walked along the old frosted, dirt path. Tossing gains of salt along the way to keep the old mountain trail from freezing over with ice and prevent those who travel up this path from slipping and falling.

Her wise brown eyes looked to the sky; cloudless and white as the ground. She hummed feeling the dull ache in her bones that told her another heavy snowfall is coming to Kazahana village.

"Come on (Name)! It'll be fun!" She soon heard a young girl's voice and averted her eyes to see four young girls making their way up a hill.

Good heavens! Just what in the world are they doing all the way out here? Where are their parents, Otsune wondered?

It's was dangerous to be away from the village due to demons prowling about. Night could befall anytime soon.

"N-no, I don't wanna do this!" One girl suddenly exclaimed loudly as the other three dragged her along via pulling and shoving her to come with.

"Don't be such a baby! We just tryna help you." Another girl told her.

Oh? It's seems there is trouble afoot as the elderly woman watched as one girl pushed the hapless girl and she went tumbling down the snowy mound screaming.

"There, now you're right where you belong, snow witch!"

Oh dear. The poor thing..seems like it's just another one of those days when those that think they're high and mighty saw fit to prey upon the weak.

Well, she wasn't just going to stand aside and watch the poor suffer as Otsune calmly took gentle strides over to where the three young girls stood.

────────

"🎶Snow Witch, Snow Witch, fell in a ditch. She let a cry, until her throat became dry. With frozen tears and no one to love her. She'll be cold and alone, forever and ever🎶." They chanted in song.

"NO I'M NOT A SNOW WITCH!" You yelled, but was met with a snowball to the face.

"Yes, you are! You don't belong here. No one loves you!" One girl said as they all started throwing snowballs at you.

You whimpered and tried to shield yourself with your little arms.

It got a lot colder, almost to the pointed of freezing as ice begin forming around your feet. Rapidly, the ice started to form into a wall as it slowly wrapped around you, shielding you from their attacks and insults.

The three girls gasped and backed up quickly as you encased yourself within an ice cocoon.

"See, you are a Snow Witch! You deserve to be here. So, do us all a favor and get lost, witch!" One girl says.

"Nobody loves you! Why don't you just disappear?" And with that, they let you be, leaving you in the ditch.

Within the ice, you crouched and buried your face in your hands, crying.