²⁰

the triplets had been recording small elements for their vlog the entire day, whether it was a funny moment or simply a peaceful one. the day spent together had the entire group happier than ever and the small memories building in their heads definitely would be treasured for as long as they possibly could be.

"hope you better stop that," chris sighed as yet another bundle of droplets hit his face.

hope giggled to herself at the frustrated look on her friend's face and prepared some more water in her hand. she was about to splash it in chris' direction but stopped herself as he practically jumped up from his seat on the bench and charged towards her. the water bottle in her hand escaped her grip and suddenly, she was darting as far away as possible after a frightened yell that may have attracted a few stares. chris chased after her, screaming at her about how it would be the end of her or something like that. hope's laughter boomed across the place as she registered the youngest triplet's words.

matt and nick watched as their bodies became harder to distinguish with fond smiles on their faces. they turned to each other with a shake of their heads at the situation but the moment was cut short as they saw chris and hope running back towards them. the strange thing was the way they were running side by side rather than one after the other. nick gave matt an alarmed looked at the realisation before the pair were off the bench and running away too. hope and chris followed them, after picking up the abandoned water bottle filled with ice cold water and shoving it in the sky so that the duo in front could see it easily.

they caught up to the older two thirds of the triplets quick and began splashing the water at them, earning threatening yells and perhaps a little laughter. chris thought it was the greatest idea to just throw the bottle of water at his brothers which had him being chased for five minutes. with exhaustion and endless panting, the entire group made their way to the bench they had been sat at moments prior. they sat on opposing ends, matt and hope beside each other and nick and chris next to one another.

"my hair is fucking soaked," matt grumbled as he pushed his fingers through his indeed extremely wet hair.

"okay i don't want to hear you complaining. look at my fucking t-shirt," nick grimaced as he pointed at his t-shirt that would have been a dozen shades darker if it wasn't jet black.

"it'll dry, stop being so dramatic," chris laughed and let it grow louder as his brothers glared at him.

hope wasted no time in joining in, "the sun's shining brightly. you'll be as good as new in no time."

this resulted in nick kicking her under the bench and a yelp that had matt giving her an unsympathetic smile. she huffed loudly before breaking out into minimal laughter that was reciprocated almost immediately.

nick pulled out the vlog camera and hit record, "we were all having a fun little time before chris and hope decided to drown us!"

he panned the camera rather aggressively towards said people, who merely gave a sheepish smiled and turned to face each other with a matching content grin.

"it was totally random too! one second they were fighting each other and then the next, they were coming full speed at us," matt explained to the camera with a shake of his head.

"in my defence, they were laughing at me before, when hope was attacking me," chris pointed out.

nick zoomed the camera in on hope who gave an exaggerated smile and thumbs up. matt hadn't realised when nick brought the camera back so it was facing them again. his somewhat intense gaze that was fixed on hope was caught on camera and nick had to call his name twice before he zoned back in.

"sorry," he mumbled as he moved his eyes away from the girl, who he hoped had not caught him staring.

hope had caught him. she had seen the stare he held with so much passion that it became almost too much. key word being almost. despite the suddenness and the intensity, she loved it. she loved the pure look of amazement he held in his eyes when he glanced at her and how she could captivate him to the point he had to be snapped out of it. in a strange way, it comforted her. it comforted her knowing he may feel the same because to be quite frank, she was completely and utterly ensnared by him and everything he did. his words, his actions, him; it all made her feel the emotions she was desperate to experience again. it was a little scary how he could make her feel so strongly but  at the same time, she adored it.