Birthday

Harry stared at the ceiling as he laid in his bed. He threw his arm out to the other side of the bed and when it didn't touch anything, he was reminded of the fact that Louis wasn't home.

The bed was empty, the house was empty, and it was his birthday.

Harry couldn't be too upset with Louis because he knew he had wanted to be home for his birthday, but he had a lot of things going on with work and he needed to go away for a few days on business. He just wished he didn't have to go over his birthday.

Harry sighed and took his phone from the night stand. When he turned it on he saw a birthday message from his mum and another from his sister. There was nothing from Louis, though. No missed call, no missed video chat, no texts. Nothing.

He knew it was still pretty early and that Louis was either still asleep or stuck in some meeting and he would call him later, but it still hurt a bit.

He missed Louis. He didn't want to be alone on his birthday.

Walking downstairs, Harry realised that this was his first birthday ever that he had woken up alone. For the past four years Louis had woken him up with breakfast in bed or by smothering him in kisses (or sucking his dick). Before that, he lived with Niall and Liam and they always woke him up with noise makers and balloons. Even before that, he was still living at home and his mum and sister always woke him up with his favourite breakfast and presents.

He had never spent his birthday alone. He was really starting to feel bad for anyone who spent their birthday alone.

He pushed the thought away and turned on the kettle to make tea. He wasn't really in the mood to cook anything big, so he settled for some toast and fruit.

As he sat down to eat he thought about what he wanted to do later. Louis wouldn't be home for another two days, so he had free range of the house. Maybe he would invite Liam and Niall over, maybe he would go out and meet them. Maybe he would go over to his mum's house for the day just so he wasn't alone. He really didn't feel like doing anything.

Harry didn't know why, but this year his birthday just didn't feel like his birthday. He didn't feel like there was anything to celebrate.

~~~~~

Harry decided to spend the day at home. He took a shower and got into some comfy clothes. He grabbed all the snacks in the cupboard and all the blankets and pillows from the bedroom and set up camp on the couch for a day of movie watching.

The one good thing about Louis being gone was that he could watch all the movies he absolutely loved (the same ones Louis absolutely hated) without having to hear his boyfriend's complaints.

He was watching The Notebook when his phone started to ring. It was a video call from Louis!

Harry answered it eagerly. "Hey, Lou!"

Louis smiled at him through the screen. "Hey, love! Happy birthday!"

"Thanks." Harry replied. He was suddenly overcome by a wave of sadness at seeing Louis and being reminded that he was, in fact, spending his special day alone.

"Have you got any exciting plans for the day?" Louis asked, sensing Harry's slight mood change.

"Mmm, not really," Harry replied. "Spending the day watching movies."

"Oh yeah? What movie are you watching?" Louis teased.

Harry suddenly perked up a bit, "You'll never guess."

Louis chuckled, "Point Break?"

Harry laughed, "Nope."

"Well, I'm out of ideas then because that's the only movie worth watching."