Chaper 1. A New Friend.

((Before anything happens I'd like to state that in this story cuphead is 15 while mugman being 10.))

It was a morning like none other, Elder kettle was making his famous pancakes for breakfast, Cuphead and mugman were playing a game of checkers.

CH: "King me!" Cuphead had said with a cocky smile.

MM: "Aw rats.." Mugman had said while putting a checker on top of cupheads.
"How do you always beat me..?"

CH: "I think it's obvious, I'm older- your just a baby! Growing boys can't play checkers like a grown man like me!"

MM: "I'm not a baby! And I can play checkers I'm just not that good at it-" Mugman had said with a somewhat angry look.

EK: "Boys! Breakfast is ready! Come get it while it's hot!" Elder kettle called out.

CH: "Its about time! I'm starvin!" Cuphead said while walking to the kitchen

Mugman had noticed something in the corner of his eye.. A strange looking silhouette. He had stared at it for god knows how long before Cuphead barged in.

CH: "Mugsy, you comin'? Your Breakfast is getting cold!" He peeked in from the kitchen

MM: He had snapped out of his little trans. "O-Oh! Right! I'm coming!" He raced to the kitchen.

Mugman joined Cuphead and Elder kettle at the table and they all ate their breakfast.

||Later on after breakfast||

Mugman was in his room coloring on his coloring book, a nice picture of a cat.

Suddenly the silhouette from earlier caught mugmans attention.. The silhouette beckoned mugman to follow him, mugman in a trans blindly followed the silhouette out of his room, down the stairs and outside the house with nobody noticing the 10 year old leaving the house without saying a word.

The silhouette had lead Mugman to the woods, a nice spot with a small flat land surrounded by a few trees, there was a little river running by which gave a calming atmosphere.

Moments later Mugman was now in the middle of the cleaning when his trans was interrupted by a twig snapping..

MM: "Wh-What am I doing here-" He looked around with a nervous look.

Mugman looked around for anything he recognized because mugman was a outdoor kind of kid, he spent his time in the forest hiding sometimes.. but mugman was in a spot he had never seen before.

MM: "I-Is anyone there..?" He stammered

Suddenly the silhouette from earlier showed up from behind some trees and made its way to mugman.

Mugman looked up at the silhouette with a scared look as be backed up into a tree.

The silhouette had revealed itself to be a tall furry figure with long golden horns and a bright red nose, and very yellow eyes and red pupils.

Mugman was now too scared to even speak and all that came from his mouth was stuttering and heavy breathing.

Silhouette: "Don't fret darling.. I'm no harm to you.. Let me introduce myself, My name is Devil." He said going a small bow

MM: "o-oh.. M-My grandpa told me a-about you.. you're no g-good.." He stammered with a face full of fear.

Devil: "Yes.. thats true.. I am no good, but that's because I'm never given a chance.. people say that becuase they assume the devil is nothing but a heartless monster that would trick you into selling your soul.." he said giving mugman a sad look.

Devil: "Truth is I'm a very reasonable and nice individual! Sure I like to cause a bit of mischief, but who doesn't? Its fun!" He then said now giving a happy look.