Embrace It

It was hard to believe that eventually, despite knowing she didn't want to leave me behind, that Six would ever return. It was a long fall, and if it were not for the tower's fleshy insides, my abilities, or both, then it would most certainly have been fatal. Six would likely think I was dead.

So it came as a complete surprise when she showed up well before I had formulated a plan to get out and see her. Well, not exactly. Instead it was her "glitched remain" that returned to this prison. (That's what I've decided to call them, glitched remains. After seeing how they formed in the first place-Thanks future me.) I wasn't entirely sure what exactly a glitched remain was. Whether it was her consciousness or her soul- I was uncertain. Whatever it was, it was part of her.

I was not going to lose any of her again.

It was fairly simple to teleport-proof the room I found myself trapped in after I had accepted my fate. Heck, it didn't need to be done at all. In teleporting here the remain was stuck. The tower, whatever being had control over the signal-and by extension myself, had already made sure that escape was impossible for me until it was time. I didn't mind waiting anymore. I had my friend back to keep me company.

She was pretty shocked to say the least. Heck, she had tried to run away once she saw me. It was reasonable. After all, I was, in her eyes, a ghost. Soon however, she came to terms that she couldn't teleport out of this place. As well as the door in front of us would only open to a fleshy wall, likely until my younger self came and opened it from the other end. In essence we were trapped together.

While I sat waiting for her to stop panicking she merely paced around the confines of the room. Sometimes fading in and out of existence.

That was another curiosity. She could move. I assume that was because Six's body was still alive. Though I couldn't prove that until it was time for me to kidnap childre-oh. Forgot about that. That was not going to be fun.

I shrugged that train of thought off and observed as my friend grew more and more restless. Finally, she turned to me. She backed to the wall slowly before sliding down it and resting. I seized this moment to stand from the chair. (Hearing my joints crack and pop was not a fun time let me tell you that-) I then approached her for the first time since she had arrived. I wasn't sure how long it had been. Time was always off in this place anyways, so I suppose it didn't matter. However, my mind wondered if it was a few minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, or even years.

"You're dead. Take one more step, I dare you." Her voice was static, yet I could still perceive words being spoken. I smiled.

"Hey Six! I missed you!" I spoke cheerily. My friend who I thought I just may have lost forever was back, safe in the safest place. Safer, now that she had no threat of being turned into the monster when she had that horrible music box. I would make sure that would never happen again. I took two more steps closer to the girl I had grown so close to.

She hissed and tried to back further into the wall.

I can't say I was not saddened by this. Yet I persisted. I walked closer even as she began to squirm against the wall. It was clear that she was panicking hard. My shadow loomed above her in a menacing manner. That's when I saw the hat for the first time. I retreated, knowing what the previous- or future me had done. It was surely traumatic for her.

I set the hat down. I gave her, then, a reassuring smile. I approached her yet again, to be met with less resistance than before. I held her in an embrace that at first she tried to wriggle herself out of. She gave in eventually. Although I wished it went on longer, and can't say that I wasn't disappointed, she soon pulled away from the hug. That was fine of course. After all she wasn't much of a hugger in the first place.

Then the walls started to melt before our eyes. The tower was curious.