CHAPTER 15, I deny your face

They arrived at the venue for the fifth show hours before it started, so they would have some time to rest in a place that was no more than a few square meters.

— Get out of my way, you animal! — Phoebe said while trying to get off the bus, but Joey was standing at the door, tying his shoes. He was silent, as if he didn't hear. — JOEY! — She screamed. — I'm going to kick you in the head.

— Come on Joey, let her pass! — Paul asked.

— I'm coming out, but only because you asked — the drummer said, finishing tying his shoes and stepping out of the way. Phoebe grumbled as she stomped towards the entrance.

On that particular day, Joey was destined to upset Phobe, mostly because of what happened in the dressing room at the last show. Since he'd left her room, they hadn't said anything else on the subject; Phoebe noticed Joey's angry glare in her direction, but decided to brush it aside, even though, in the back of her throat, the question she had posed to Corey before meeting Nathan in her hotel room burned, her tongue moving inside her mouth, repeating the question silently.

— Okay, now... Phoebe, play some chords for us to test your guitar — one of the men who were helping with the sound check asked.

Phoebe got ready to play, but as soon as her pick touched the strings, the sound of drums boomed through the speakers, the girl couldn't help but turn to the drummer.

— Is your fucking name Phoebe by any chance?! — The girl exclaimed to Joey, who laughed as if he was at a comedy show.

— Sorry Sorry! — He said, but not for her.

— Fucking clown — she whispered as she started to play.

[...]

— I think the drums are a little low — Joey said after the soundcheck of a few other members.

— Lets test. Joey, play something — and as soon as he raised his sticks, Phoebe slammed her hand on the strings of her guitar, causing a loud clatter. Now she was the one laughing.

— You know, sometimes I wonder if we really need a third guitar player — Joey said when the guitar fell silent.

— PHOEBE AND JOEY! — Corey yelled into the microphone, already out of patience. — Stop it, you fuckers!

This time, the entire team laughed.

The show seemed a lot more tiring as it was already a weekend, they were just over a week on the road, at least they would have a few days off before the next show.

After the end of the show, they needed to eat, after all, they hadn't eaten for a few hours. The event's production had prepared a buffet for them, the food wasn't the best of all, but because of the hunger they felt, they could eat and repeat it dozens of times.

Craig, Shawn and Phoebe were the last to arrive for food after staying a little longer to check out their instruments while they put everything away. They filled their plates, Shawn seemed to be salivating as he looked at his food, Phoebe had been dreaming of a piece of chicken since they got there, and lucky for her, she managed to get the last piece. The food was practically gone.

The paint was still present on her face and the mask hung around her neck by the band that held it in her head, the tips of her fingers were throbbing from the strength with which she tightened the strings and she could feel it when holding her plate. Her stomach was growling and her gaze was so focused on her plate that she didn't even pay attention to her surroundings.

Joey noticed her distraction and took advantage of the moment to disturb her a little more. Then, when she went to sit down, he pulled out her chair. Phoebe fell down and her food flew all over the space around her and the plate broke as it escaped her fingers, she could feel some hot grains fly onto her face and her clothes, but her so precious piece of chicken was what she cared the most.

Like a scene from a movie, she saw the meat go up in the air and slowly fall to the dirty floor beside the table. Joey was laughing while the others looked at her still taking in what had happened, some laughed while others went to help her up.

— You ok?! - Paul asked, helping her to get up.

When Phoebe got up, she just turned to Joey and said:

— Why did you do that? — She looked at him, tears running black down her face from the ink.

Joey looked at her, not understanding. She didn't wait for an answer, she just let go of Paul and left.

— What the fuck did you do Joey?! — Paul asked, his features aggressive. Joey didn't know how to respond.

— There is no more food — Sid pointed out, getting to his feet. — What did you do, Jordison?! — He sounded pretty pissed off. — She's going to go without food!

— I-I... — he tried to explain, still not understanding why they were so irritated.

— Shut up, Jordison! — Corey yelled, slamming his hand on the table. He got up and walked out after her.

— You really messed up — Craig broke his silence, taking a bite right after.

They were supposed to catch the bus to go to the hotel right after eating, but Corey couldn't find her anywhere. Now everyone should start looking for her.

— See what you did? — Chris said, smacking Joey on the back of the head before breaking away from the others to look for her. — Get up, let's go after her! — he yelled when he realized Joey wouldn't get up.

— I'm not going after her — Joey said, still sitting up.

— Fuck you! You fucking did this! — Chris looked pissed, it was after midnight, he just wanted to sleep. — Damn man! You've been bothering her for like 3 days now, and on top of that you're bothering us. — He rubbed his hand over his face impatiently. — I don't know what the fuck happened between you two, but it's pissing everyone off and nobody can take it anymore. So you'll get up, look for her and then, you'll settle this with her and leave everyone alone!

Joey got up.

A.N.: hey guys, i didn't die :p

just life taking my time, but i haven't forgotten the story.

I was thinking and decided to ask you guys if it would be rude for me to create a ko-fi/paetron and share it with you, the story will still be free, but if any of you want to support me financially I would appreciate it. But if you don't like the idea, let me know!