Chapter 1 (The Beginning)

My name is Zen von Ryder, the third prince to the Ryder royal family, and this is my story of exploring the magic world as the Silver Prince and becoming the Ultimate Wizard...

August 6th, 1466
It's my 6th birthday, and today is one of the most important days of my life, since it's the royal family's tradition to have the first three children choose one of the different mana paths to explore. In this world there are four mana paths.

The Religious Path where you need to be a member of one of the several churches or selected by one of the many gods.

The Martial Path where you hone your body and mana (Referred to as KI by the Martial Path) to exert force into the world.

The Swordsmanship Path where you hone your swordsmanship with mana to release force on your enemies.

The Magic Path where you hone your mana and spirit to ignore the common sense of the world.

Although the royal family's tradition is to have the first three children choose one of the four paths, it's not forced, but this tradition has stood for the last three hundred years. And sometimes the path one wants to go down is not compatible with them. But today is the day I decide which path to go down. My older brother James, the Crowned Prince chose the Swordsmanship Path following after my father the Emperor, my older sister Jessica, the First Princess chose the Martial Path after finding out she had no aptitude for the Magic Path.

So, following tradition I'm going to choose the Magic Path. Luckily, I was born with an absurd aptitude for the Magic Path, no that might be an understatement, since the God of Mana bestowed her blessing on to me when I was born.

While the caretakers and I decide what I'm going to wear today, I can hear James and Jessica sparing outside, causing the castle to shake a little, which is expected since they won't be able to train today other than early this morning due to the banquet following the announcement of my selected path. Although the path I'm going to follow is very obvious, it's still a necessary procedure to follow, as I take my first step into practicing the way of Magic. While it's very exciting to be able to start, I'm nervous of the expectations due to my aptitude for the Magic Path and the blessing from the God of Mana. But at last, it's time to head to the dining hall for breakfast.

As I'm heading towards the dining hall, I'm realizing that it never ceases to shock me no matter how many times I walk down these halls, the beauty of the design and architecture of the castle, using pure white manastone walls with black marble flooring and gold and silver trimming. It probably costs an absurd amount, not mentioning the upkeep for it. After walking for a few minutes, I had finally arrived at the dining hall, the door was as magnificent as the rest of the castle, being made of a rare wood call madark which has an absurd defense against both magic and physical attacks, very similar to manastone, while also being a nice smooth dark wood, it was also lined with gold and silver to compliment the dark color.

As I enter the dining hall, I can hear the arguing of my older siblings.

"James you pig! You can't eat yet, Zen has yet to arrive! you know it's his special day." Shouted Jessica.

"Your just upset that I won our spar this morning! and you even lost in a race to get here, seems like you can't catch a break today!" Laughed James.

"Now, Now, your brother has arrived, and James you should've waited until Zen arrived to start eating." Sighed Mother.

I can't stop myself from laughing at the scene, mostly because hearing my older sister shout "James you pig!" to my older brother, I can say for sure that today was going to be exactly the same as always with my over competitive siblings. They've been like that since they were born apparently, and since they are twins it seems like everything has to be a competition. But if I had to say what they were the most competitive about would be, Me... my whole family is obsessed with my "cuteness". giving me names such as the Silver Hair Prince or the Dual Eye Prince, since my hair is a pure white and my eyes are a dark red and light blue heterochromia.

The Ultimate WizardOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara