SIX. seems like yesterday you put a smile on my face

    IT WAS Leia's 15th birthday and you know what they say? You only turn __ once so savor it

IT WAS Leia's 15th birthday and you know what they say? You only turn __ once so savor it. And savor it she was.

As for Rachel... she wasn't savoring much of anything.

She knocked on her father's bedroom door and heard a muffled "come in".

Talking to her dad about relationships was never Rachel's favorite thing to do, but it was all she had.

Her mom was a no go in the family as shown. I mean, she was there. She'd called and made time for them whenever she was in Wisconsin. But Jennifer Calloway had been remarried to a man with no kids and lived in Minnesota. She was only a couple of hours away. But Rachel definitely wasn't going to go to her mother about relationships... Jennifer was onto her 3rd marriage in less than 2 years.

And Richard (or as his kids sometimes called him, Dick) tried his best and the twins knew that. So Rachel hoped that he would try his absolute best when it came to giving Rachel this advice.

She entered his bedroom and saw that her father had been folding his clothes. She sat down in his bed with an evident frown on her face.

"What's up, Roach?" Richard asked, "Thought you'd be getting ready for Leia's birthday party."

"I was, but I don't think she really wants me there."

"Why not? You're in that friend group still, aren't you?"

"Yeah, but-" Rachel's sighed, "Have you ever dated someone for not a good reason?"

Richard sighed and moved his laundry basket over to sit down next to Rachel.

"Is this about you and Jay?" Richard asked, "You guys have been dating for a week or so now. What changed?"

Nothing changed and that's what Rachel noticed. She knew that Jay wasn't in this like she was. She wasn't really in it either, maybe just a tiny bit of her was, but nothing made her confident enough to make her feel like she could push through with the relationship.

In all honesty, the reason why Rachel liked Jay was because, one, she just did. Nothing to really explain there. Second, she also really like him because he was there. As bad as it sounds, Jay was readily available for Rachel to crush on and now that she had him... she wasn't much into it either.