NINE. break up, make up, kiss up!

    IT HADN'T really hit anyone that summer was soon coming to an end

IT HADN'T really hit anyone that summer was soon coming to an end. That everyone would be dragging down school hallways. That Leia would being going home very soon.

"Summer's almost over." Leia said, "They gave me everything, and now they're taking it all away."

"Who's they?" Jay asked.

"I don't know!"

"School." Gwen scoffed, "Son of a bitch."

"I haven't even started my summer reading, so I'm reading fine line from each book." Ozzie said, opening the book in his hands, "Okay. So it's about a perv. Next."

"Hang on, there's a lot to love about starting a new school year. New homerooms, the smell of fresh textbooks, getting up early to learn." Nikki smiled.

Now, Rachel and Joshua were smart, they had been reading Roald Dahl books since being in their mothers womb. But that didn't mean they were ready to start school like Nikki had been.

In fact, the group had booed her for liking school as much as she had.

"Hey!" Nate called, "Go easy on her. School is cool. I mean, we learn stuff, and there's lockers, and..." Nate turn to face her, "I'm sorry, babe. My heart's not in it."

"Once you stop learning, you start dying." Nikki quoted, "You know who said that?"

"Einstein." The MacFarlane twins spoke.

"Einstein the bear?" Nate asked.

"I'm done." Nikki scoffed.

"I am so screwed. I was supposed to be working out all summer for football. But instead, I didn't." Nate sighed.

"Bro, just come to the gym with Jay and I." Joshua said.

"Yeah, we'll get you ripped." Jay smiled.

"Let's do it!"

The boys gathered to leave the Forman's basement but before, Jay sat down to Rachel on the couch.

"Hey, can we talk after the gym?" Jay asked, "I traded shifts at work. I wanna take you to my secret spot."