Chapter 4

More than a couple of days have passed and my life has been consumed by work, one meeting after another, training after training, plan after plan. I haven't even seen my 'abductee' in a while. My sleep schedule has become non-existent, but at least I can't have nightmares if I'm not dreaming.

I round up an email, and my personal phone rings with Ambrose's caller ID on the screen, or at least what I saved him as.

"Nav!" I'm greeted by an excited Ambrose, "Cancel all your plans, clear your schedule."

" What? Why?" I ask utterly confused.

"Trust me. Meet me in front of your house by 6 pm but wear something casual." He says

" Define casual."

"Don't you dare show up in a suit Naveen or else I'll tear it off you," He threatens.

"I want to see you try," I say, smirking. "And just so you know, I'm already wearing shorts and a white shirt, so I'd say I'm being pretty casual."

"Whatever you say, bro." He laughs and hangs up.

I get up from the chair, run my hand through my hair, and go to Alessa's room. I knock, and she answers. She's on her bed using her phone per usual. She's wearing a pair of black cargos and a small tank top that hugs her right. Her hair is tied up, and she notices me staring at her and flushes red, but as soon as the colour comes, the colour goes.

"Here you go," she says, handing me her phone. I look at her confused.

" Take a picture," she says, "it lasts longer." She smiles a bit, and I do too.

" I'm going on a walk, want to come?" I ask, but she just looks at me funny, and in that moment I regretted even asking. I should have probably just gone alone like I always do at most peeked to say 'hi' and then left.

" Um... no, I don't do walks. Have fun, tho." She says

"Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot," I say, and then she gives me an eye.

"What do you mean you forgot, I know for a fact we didn't sit down and have a tea party discussing my hobbies. The same thing happened a few days ago, when I had a panic attack. Are you a stalker?" She spills out. "My, did you actually know my dad, or are you like lying? What if you are actually the bad guy?" She rubs her temple, trying to process all her thoughts at once. She looks like her brain is working overtime, and I cut in.

"First off, I did, in fact, know Marchetti. He was like my second father, and I am indeed helping you, but quite frankly, I couldn't give two if you believe me or not." I say. " I'm not trying to gain your trust all I know is I'm respecting his wishes, and I am an ally, not an enemy but frankly I don't have to prove anything to you. Secondly, of course I know a lot about you. I have information on basically everyone, at least anyone related to the mafia in one way or another."

" What's my favourite colour?" She throws the question at me.

" I only have information that is important. It's important to know if you have anxiety or if you like being outdoors or if you like going out and night- which you do." I tell her. "I keep information that may be valuable in times of danger."

" Hmm, well then carry on," she says, fanning her hand in my direction to leave. "And close the door on your way out."

I walk down the stairs and go outside for the walk I planned. After walking a few minutes outside my neighbourhood, I see a strange figure decked out in an all black outfit. The figure was tall about 6 feet and seemed to hide the moment we made I contact. It was most definitely a familiar face, one I saw in my dreams, one that haunted me daily, Jaheim.