Chapter 4.2

And then the message came. They had found the Queen of the Hybrids. When I heard this I almost immediately got ready and reloaded every single weapon that would fit in my armour. We( the Killjoys) got the assignment to capture the queen alive. Well, I thought, how difficult could that be. Well, it was to be quite difficult. It was just us. Only the Infanterists aboard the John A. Warden. The High Command was not able to assign any more ships to this mission which would have been completely fine if the planet hadn't been classified as an Apocalypse planet.
All was as usual. Chesa and me were deployed before the rest and, if it wasn't for the armed dropships, we would have been dead the minute we reached the ground. Thanks to them we were unbothered as we made our approach to the probable location of the target without getting killed. After we had secured the landing zone Chesa and me ignited our jetpacks and made a giant leap towards our targets destination. Chesa was quiet as always but I was deeply worried. To be honest, I was afraid as hell. We only were 180 Mobile Infanterists and maybe two AtR batallions with eighthundred soldiers. But I threw my worries overboard as I always do.
We had just landed and were looking around while we prepped for the next jump( the others also had finally landed). Just as we were about ready to jump a tanker bug appeared from below us and I almost got hit by its incendiary acid. As the thing rose from the ground I jumped away and Chesa sceamed that I needed to distract him while she loaded her armour piercing bullet. I gave her a nod and opened fire on the giant tanker bug and even shot at him with my shoulder-mounted grenade launcher. And this gave Chesa the time to load the bullet.
She hailed me on our private com-frequency while she laid on the ground with her sniper rifle at the ready and said the most peachy thing which she could have said in this situation:
"Hasta la Vista, baby!"
And Bam! The firing sound was over the top loud and when I came back down to the ground I asked her:
"Seriously? One Liners? Are you Arnold Schwarzenegger or what?"
"Who is Arnold Schwarzenegger?" she asked and I just shook my head.
Then, out of nowhere, the ground below us crumbled and we plummeted down for about twenty feet. The impact didn't hurt as much thanks to our suits. We had just gotten back on our feet when we realised that we had fallen into a bug tunnel and we received a barely receivable frequency in the micro-hertz category. Probably from a bigger bug, maybe even the queen of the hybrids. We took the chance and followed the frequency down the tunnel. As we were walking down the tunnel Chesa asked me: "What do you think how the queen looks?"
"I don't know.", I anwered, "Probably not like a bug queen." I remarked.
The frequencys origin was just a few dozen feet ahead and we saw activity on our sonar. I signaled to Chesa to turn of the lights and to switch to thermal vision. Both of us did that and slowly advanced towards the bigger caves entrance, with our rifles at the ready. When we reached the cave's entrance we saw at least two dozen bugs and the brain bug. We didn't need to communicate to know what we were about to do. But our thoughtprocess was interrupted by Crimson who just appeared there and fired a sort of bug plasma into the cave. With an ear-shattering screech she stormed of, with me and Chesa following her. Chesa was fighting even more savagely than usual. We killed the bugs and stunned the Brain bug. While Chesa and Crimson took care of the queen( who was a little girl by the way) I radioed the Lt from the caves entrance.
"Lt, this is Vasquez. Have secured the queen and a Brain bug. Requesting immediate transport and extraction of the queen. How copy?"
"Copy, Private. Will transmit the good news to the captain and will request a transport for you. See you on the ship!", he answered," Good work Corporal."
I wanted to say something but the transmission was already cut.
What happened next I'll explain briefly.
When the Lt referred to me as "Corporal", I could almost think of what he wanted to do but it still was a surprise when we returned to the ship. Since the Lt promoted me and Chesa to Corporals for our excellent performance during the retrieval of the queen. Speaking of, the queen was inspected by multiple different instances of the federation and after the queen reaffirmed that they still viewed themselves as members of the human species, the High Command handed the queen an official document for membership in the federation. And in the moment when the federation president handed the document to the queen, the Galaxy was frozen. This was the moment that would decide the fate of thousands. And the queen signed the paper. The applause was  heard even hundreds of lightyears away from Terra. A short time later they let Crimson out of their cell and let her come back to us. And she was quite astonished when she saw the present, which laid on her bed.
"What is that?" she asked.
"JUST OPEN IT!" Chesa and I said at the same time.
She opened it, looked at what was in her hands and looked confused.
"What is that?" she asked me.
"That's a battle-overall made from carbon-kevlar fibres and has paper-thin Titan weaved into it. It's a custom made. from back home on earth." I answered.
"And what for?" She looked even more confused than before.
"That's your new uniform dummy!", said Chesa, "Your power armour is a little too small and because of your new superhuman abilities you won't need an EXO suit. We even left out parts at the wrists where your Plasma glands are. Better for fighting."
Crimson smiled and looked happy.
"I think I'll try it on." she said while smiling( at least I think she was smiling, it's hard to tell with four mandibles).
This was the beginning of a new chapter for the federation.

The change from the Terran federation to the galactic federation of Terra.